Author Topic: Magic Pie II Updates  (Read 70176 times)

Aavee

Re: Magic Pie II Updates
« Reply #75 on: May 31, 2010, 04:08:16 PM »

Available in May, said GM.
There is not much May left.
Any news?
Am I too eager?

Offline Hardcore

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
« Reply #76 on: May 31, 2010, 05:33:26 PM »
I thought the smaller sizes mp mkI should be available in may and the mk II takes longer

Aavee

« Reply #77 on: May 31, 2010, 05:45:16 PM »
I thought the smaller sizes mp mkI should be available in may and the mk II takes longer

whoa...I hope they are quick...
my handmade bike is waiting for MP II...

Offline karen

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #78 on: May 31, 2010, 08:19:45 PM »
Im personally awaiting better personal economy first. Since I got my pie, my better half thought it was so fun, need to order one more. I might get to use mine more.... :-\

Offline GoldenMotor

• GoldenMotor
  • Emperor
  • PhD. Magic
  • Dark Templar
    • GoldenMotor Youtube
« Reply #79 on: June 01, 2010, 03:21:08 AM »
I am so sorry guys but the MPII is going to take a much longer time before it's out. Instability issues with 72V, reworked windings and reworked controller will cost us a lot of time. Apologies accepted? thanks.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 12:37:40 AM by Yao Yuan »

Aavee

« Reply #80 on: June 01, 2010, 04:23:49 AM »
I am so sorry guys but the MPII is going to take a much longer time before it's out. Instability issues with 72V, reworked windings and reworked controller will cost us a lot of time. Apologies accepted? thanks.

This is certainly bad news.
The season in Europe is starting (started) just now.
GM, please consider reduced prices for MP I from now until the introduction of MP II.
Users will be unhappy if buying now MP I for the season with full price just the see introduction of MP II during the season.
Timing is always crucial.

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #81 on: June 01, 2010, 12:53:32 PM »

From the stuff I learned from overvolting and trrying to rewind a HBS I knew this would happen.  24v to 72v is a very large range to handle.

As for the fet threshold voltages.  You could run a tap off the logic through  a 7805l on each fet giving a rock solid voltage at the gate through a npn transitor off ground.  

Building switcher regulators taught me that between the switching fet and inductor there is only so much range to be had until the load over the inductor starts creating too much heat.  The only way is to have another inductor onboard with a longer windings for the higher volts.

Anything is doable.  

As for the motor inefficiencies at higher volts. You could have multitap coils or frequency adjustable PWM can certainly change the way things work in the motor.  There are a few ways to skin this cat.  

But anyway, we did win the San Fran slappity slapdown thing. I mean come on, MP was the only one alive. the rest couldn't even spin. lol.
I guess they can't announce this without strategic planning as it may cause other ebike makers to bitch bout it. It's literally and directly saying that GoldenMotor is the only one who makes good motors. So if anyone has any updates on this thingy, please link me to it.

True.  The MP is a special motor. Philip does have everything from the volts to, frequency and duty cycle range of the PWM to the coils to all the GM motors in perfect balance.  

Worried about some of the failures.  

If GM sold 2000 MP motors from the site and the threads here represented a failure rate.  this would be excellent.

Even someone in ES posted to me in my PM, I think it was dnmun, that a few over there wanted to know why GM gearless motor and controllers had the flying kick of Bruce Lee per efficiency.  No no we arent x5 owners that ride 5 mile a day either.

Just from interest,  

Yuan, how many MP's have been sold from the web site?  I feel they are selling pretty good.  Show us your hand here.  MP sales figures can be something you promote as well.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 01:28:20 PM by 317537 »

Bring it on

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #82 on: June 01, 2010, 10:48:24 PM »
I think we won.

Your the man ATM where it concenrs this.  You have more info than we do. Come back down to earth here and put some age into your post..

Maybe its not such a bitch as it takes time to publish stuff on the web.   5 years before I did ebikes I do web sites comercialy and this sort of thing takes time.  

The site keeps saying check back after the event.  
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 12:47:26 AM by Yao Yuan »

Bring it on

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #83 on: June 03, 2010, 02:53:05 AM »
http://slappityslapdown.com/Slappity_Slapdown/Press_Mentions.html

No news yet.

We don't know who won, gotta wait for the results.

Can we have some more details  Yuan.

Please.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 11:44:33 PM by 317537 »

Bring it on

Offline GoldenMotor

• GoldenMotor
  • Emperor
  • PhD. Magic
  • Dark Templar
    • GoldenMotor Youtube
« Reply #84 on: June 07, 2010, 12:23:55 AM »
http://www.slappityslapdown.com/Slappity_Slapdown/2010_RESULTS.html

Check again lol.
But heck, I have issues.
I can't do promotions or anything, it's a dealer thing.
Hence, i'm going to organize my first dealer promotion, hopefully. I hope the dealers don't see this, it's a surprise event ever since we won this 3 participant competition. lol.
but seriously, it's the first year.

Note: Imagine us winning this with only the MP1, which is no different from our first ancient prototype back in 2008. Now try to picture next year's competition with MP2? Also note, the only practical dual drive around since electric bikes were thought up of. I mean, yeah honda and harley, or even NASA has dual drive, but were they as affordable as ours?

Answers:

Ok i'm not really sure about the prices for MP1. It is certainly the cheapest and nicest kit around. But good things and hard to come by and we can only be patient. Whoops LESLIE, I sort of censored my own quote and yours as well, respect for the other manufacturers. Anyway, I think we did sell alot more than the number you wrote.

Anyway, I was thinking about the dual drive, and how awesome it looked on the bike, so I think dual drive would be the leader in this ebike thingy. I would personally like to have a dual drive MPII with a Black and White solid bike frame, and whoop ass in any competition or event, or just to attract the attention of ladies. I think the dual drive is the Lamborghini of the ebikes. Maybe I should race it with a jet plane like what the reventon did.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 12:47:06 AM by Yao Yuan »

Offline vapid2323

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #85 on: June 08, 2010, 07:31:40 PM »
News: Magic Pie II Dual Drive will be coming out before 2012

I CANT WAIT!! Now I just need to find more money lol

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #86 on: June 09, 2010, 07:59:37 PM »
I think they went overboard with the weight. Like I have hauled a lot more with my HBS but not up hils like that lots in a trailer.  Nobody would want to ride bike loaded like that OMG.  And that was the MP1.  No programming to suit the task.

Think about it, if it is easy to program their controller one can use this to there advantage for the different tests..  This wil give GM the leading edge next year.

If anything it show the how much further the industry abroad has to go and how new this technolgy is.  E-bike tech wasnt put into the too hard basket for no reason.

You know we forumer's work hard to help the new customers who now are in similar positions we were not so long ago and still are.  Why do we do it.  Because we love what we do new commers and old hands alike.  We feel different, Just like the pie we stand out

I have much relief to hear you sell a lot more than 2000 motors and this makes any failures we see here look like an insignificant number.  Many happy folk in the galeries.

I am so glad you have these forums and it shows the golden motor balls all GM excecutives, factory engineers and workers put out there.

I think if GM had a good investment of like 20 million dollars we would see less sinking very expensive oil rigs and a lot more green vehicles on the roads.

Keep hammering Yuan and the right person is going to get onboard especially with the setup you guys already have.  You just got to keep your line in the waters to catch the fish.  This is why I don't care about the pie looking so awesome and non stealth.  People need to see this at work.

I think the slapity slap down was "hill'arious lmao.  And the people running it are really geeky in a geeky way.  See we are different.  The results were confusing and the riders were quiet uncompetitive which was a relief.

I thought the single pie should of been better than the 9C on the hills but there was mention of the GM battery not giving the amps.  The test was a test to make them all faill.

The 20" single pie would of kicked booty IMO but we will see next year, I do hope they continue this competition every year.  We will see more contestants and divisions enter and soon we may see all the people in USA and those who can afford to travel compete.

Thank you for your reply.

And congrats to all who work for GM.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 08:05:27 PM by 317537 »

Bring it on

Offline alswiseowl

« Reply #87 on: June 10, 2010, 01:01:38 PM »
thanks heaps for posting the testing you have been doing lately..

a couple of questions,
 where all the different motors running on the same voltage??,+amps+,&rider weight,tire pressure..
maybe I missed that info somewhere
but would be nice to know
once again thanks for sharing this info..hmmmm

Offline o00scorpion00o

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
« Reply #88 on: July 04, 2010, 02:48:33 PM »
Basically, for Dual Drive on a MP II, you are able to configure the regen braking with the Computer Interface. I've been receiving reports about the Dual Drive with the MP I that the regen braking is TOO strong and grabby. Hence, with the MP II, you can test ride it first and decide how much regen braking you want, as well as the Peak Current, which supposedly controls the acceleration.

For me, my Dual Drive MP II was made for a top speed of 45KPH on a 48V, because my bike frame wouldn't be handle speeds higher than that. There will be a custom option in the new Order page when the MP II comes out, and you can choose to custom make the RPM to higher speeds. On a 72V, it can be made to be at 100KPH, but that will empty your battery really fast. Seriously, the point of Dual Drive is just to show off. Or if you have a 20AH battery, then perhaps you can use it for long distance transport.

Does anyone know if the custom rpm option will still be offered when pie II comes out? also could GM possibly integrate the direct plug in cycle analyst into pie II, so people could adjust speed limit and amps without having to play with the usb cable. And does anyone know if the software will "actually allow" us to set the current limit higher than 14 amps?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 12:40:54 PM by o00scorpion00o »

Offline mwm341

« Reply #89 on: August 23, 2010, 10:50:19 PM »
Another great idea would be to clean up all the wiring that comes from the front of the bike and bottle necks into a single cable near the Magic Pie. Instead of having to run four separate cables for the handle bar components all the way to the back of the bike, where they connect to a single cable anyways. You can create a connection point near the bars in possibly a small junction box or something that could be wire tired somewhere up front. Then from there the same cable provided currently (just longer in length) would run down to the hub motor. Creating the need for just 1 small cable running from the front of the bike to the rear.  For people who will be hooking up accessories like lights or a horn, may have to run some extra wire to the back of the bike. The end result would still be cleaner and more professional looking setup right out of the box.

Yes please! I've been wrestling the $^#@! setup for 4 days so far...