Author Topic: I'm lost, please help me , Magic Pie 4  (Read 5546 times)

Offline Maya

• Confirmed
I'm lost, please help me , Magic Pie 4
« on: August 31, 2018, 06:29:46 PM »
Hi Everybody:

Sorry for my bad english. I have a problem with my Magic Pie 4, I broke the wires of my controller because an accident , so I weld all the wires that were broken and now it turns on but only the accelerator works and when I pedaling ,there is no electrical assistance, however when I pedaling backwards  there is electrical assistance but not regular. I already verified the connection of the wires and everything seems to be in order.
Now I don't know what to do, does anyone have any idea what the problem is?

thank you very much

Maya

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: I'm lost, please help me , Magic Pie 4
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2018, 08:55:14 PM »
Hi Maya andto the forum.

Your pictures clearly show that the main Red battery cable is still disconnected from the controller, and I am very surprised that there is any electrical assistance at all with this wire disconnected.  ::)

Although the battery gauge LEDs on the throttle will still light up, the throttle itself is unlikely to have any effect on the motor.

You will need to locate the other part of this broken wire inside the motor cable and re-attach (solder) it to the loose end of the Red wire shown in the pictures.  ;)

Alan

Offline Maya

• Confirmed
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2018, 09:17:15 PM »
Hi Bikemad:

Sorry , maybe I couldn't explain well, I sold all the wires , even the red one and I have not a battery gauge led. tomorrow I will put new pictures.
The throttle works, just the throttle, there is not electrical assistance when I'm pedaling but when I pedaling  backward there is electrical assistance.

thanks for your reply.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 07:43:03 AM by Maya »

Offline Maya

• Confirmed
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2018, 08:24:04 AM »
Hi there:

Here is new pictures that how is now after I sold the wires ( I left some wire not sold to try many combinations)  I didn't find out  what is the problem.

so, in picture all it's ok but when I pedaling only works the throttle and when I pedaling backwards, it works as well, I don't know why?

The technician told me that the led gauge it didn't work because my battery is 24v 20AH, and  I should change my battery to 36v, it's that true ?

Any idea?

Thanks

Maya
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 01:44:25 PM by Maya »

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2018, 11:07:11 PM »
If the pedal assist works when pedalling backwards, try fitting the magnet ring with the arrow pointing in the opposite direction to see if it makes any difference.

If you have a 36V or 48V throttle, the LEDs will not work on a 24V battery.  Fitting a 24V throttle would be much cheaper than changing the battery, but as the LED gauges were originally intended for use with lead acid batteries (which have a much steeper voltage discharge curve) they are very inaccurate with lithium batteries:

A battery capacity indicator that is compatible with lithium batteries, or a wattmeter that measures actual battery consumption would be a more practical solution.

Alan

Offline Maya

• Confirmed
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2018, 05:06:17 PM »
Hi there:

I suppose that I have to disassemble bicycle pedal to see that? it that's right?

Thank you so much Bikemad, I'll try and I'll tell you  :)

Maya

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2018, 08:16:43 PM »
You may be able to reverse the individual magnets without having to remove the pedal assembly to reverse the complete magnet ring.

Use a permanent marker to mark the outer end of the magnets and then push them out of the plastic ring one at a time and refit them the other way around so that the marker pen is then on the inside end of the magnets.

Make sure you refit the magnets into the holes they came out of so that they will still be evenly spaced around the plastic disc.

Alan

Offline Maya

• Confirmed
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2018, 05:48:52 PM »
Hi Bikemad

Well, I don't find out any piece like the pictures you sent me , I think the pieces of my tricycle ( trike ) are differents so I send you some pictures  :'(, I hope you can help me.
As you can see in the pictures there is the small springs broken (3)  , I'm not sure what it is, maybe the magnets ( another model?)

If you need more pictures, just tell me please.

Thank you very much for your help.

Maya

Offline Maya

• Confirmed
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2018, 05:50:37 PM »
Here a picture of one of the springs broken  :o

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2018, 08:04:14 PM »
That is very different to the standard magnet ring pedal speed sensor as it appears to be a torque measuring chainwheel.

The harder you pedal, the more compressed the springs become, and this must somehow move the magnets closer to the sensor to activate the motor according to your pedal pressure.

A few of the bikes sold by Golden Motor did have a true torque sensor pedelec system:

But I have never seen the operating mechanism employed within the chainwheel showing how they operate.

I am still puzzled as to why your pedelec now works when you pedal backwards if nothing has been physically altered on the chainwheel or pedelec sensor.

I am now wondering whether the torque sensor signal wire should be wired in parallel with the throttle signal wire instead of going to the pedelec signal wire.   :-\

The broken springs should simply cause the motor to run with less pedal pressure than was needed before, and should not prevent the motor from running while pedalling.

Send an email to Andy (a technician at Golden Motor in China) and see if he is able to offer further assistance with your problem (andyzhang@goldenmotor.com).

Alan

Offline Maya

• Confirmed
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2018, 06:06:46 PM »
Thank you so much Alan,

I' am always lost but maybe Andy can help me, I hope because I don't know what to do  :'(

If you or another person have any idea please tell me.

Best regards.

Maya

Offline Maya

• Confirmed
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2018, 03:55:04 PM »
Hi again:

Well , I did conctact Andy Zhang but he didn't reply, so just in case I show you the next dissassembly I did. I think the technician didn't put the PAS included in the Magic Pie 4 but let the old PAS, that's why is different like magnets position ?
Here in pictures , you can see what I find out when I open the pedal.

Some idea?

Thanks you all.

Maya