Author Topic: I tried my MP III for the first time last night .. but ..  (Read 4591 times)

Offline Terry

• Confirmed
I tried my MP III for the first time last night .. but ..
« on: July 11, 2012, 07:42:00 AM »
After three days of putting my new e-bike together, the time was come to connect the battery and test the MP3 kit for the very first time. Big disappointment..... After I turned the key on the org. GM battery (48V).. the three LED lights lit up on the thumb- throttle but there was no reaction from the motor itself.
There was no smell or frying sound, just dead.. Very annoying  :(

Are you suppose to program the internal controller first? (I also bought the USB cable)  Or should it work "out of the box"?

/terry

Offline Jemen

• Confirmed
Re: I tried my MP III for the first time last night .. but ..
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 04:46:35 PM »
Hi !
My wheel worked at once. I just loaded the battery and turn the key on and viola. worked well for about 130 kms and stop going. Key switch was broken, I got a new one now. It was bad build in bottom plate. New one is straight.
So now is my flevo back to original battery pack.
Jemen out and b...

Offline Morgen 3Eman

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 05:42:36 PM »
Mine ran out of the box, just not for long.  I'd disconnect the brake connectors from the main cable "Y".  If the brake is on, the motor is off. I fell for it a couple of times.....

TTFN,
Dennis

Offline Terry

• Confirmed
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 06:52:26 PM »
Mine ran out of the box, just not for long.  I'd disconnect the brake connectors from the main cable "Y".  If the brake is on, the motor is off. I fell for it a couple of times.....

TTFN,
Dennis

Hi,,
You solved the problem!! Both bakes was partly on (I haven"t  connected the wires yet). I disconnected the brakes from the main cable, and the wheel is spinning  ;D  ;D. Thks  alot man

/terry
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 08:04:08 AM by Terry »

Offline Morgen 3Eman

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2012, 08:32:37 PM »
Hi Terry,

I'm glad to help.  By the way, I blew up two controllers.  They both blew up after I took my Morgen for a drive on a fresh battery charge.  I don't think they liked the 58 volts.....

How do you like the performance?  Isn't it great?

TTFN,
Dennis

Offline Terry

• Confirmed
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2012, 08:19:11 AM »
Hi Terry,

I'm glad to help.  By the way, I blew up two controllers.

Damn,, that sounds expensive.. 8)  My new e-bike is not 100% operational yet..I have to install the disk brakes and torque-arm on the front wheel..But it's getting closer  :)

Offline Henry Chang

• Confirmed
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2012, 03:54:33 PM »
I'm not technology department, My idea, If I find the motor kits do not work in Golden,  I do something.

First of all, I am using a multimeter to check the battery voltage,  LED lights lit up on the thumb- throttle ,that should means the battery with voltage. Once again I pull brake handle "1" and "4", try to test again, and if not, I'll change your thumb "3", perhaps  thumb is broken, if not, change a set of signal lines, finally still is no good,  may be a motor is broken, the most likely is the problem of controller.

This is just my observation from the surface phenomenon, is not essential .

Hope everthing is ok.

Offline Morgen 3Eman

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2012, 05:56:34 PM »
Hi Terry,

Hey, you absolutely should get a torque arm installed ASAP.  It is simply amazing how the MP3 can force the drop out open.  While mine is rear drive, other folks have commented about fork fragility, and I think the consensus is that you should fit torque arms to both sides.   

TTFN.
Dennis

PS you're going to want those discs at 25 MPH!

Offline Terry

• Confirmed
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2012, 08:13:50 AM »
Hi Terry,
Hey, you absolutely should get a torque arm installed ASAP.

Yes, torque arm is very important. I bought one from GM Canada..very solid. I am also a bit concern about the front fork. If I would  buy a new kit, I certainly would buy a rear wheel.. However the fork on my bike is 100% steel (not aluminium),, and I guess it's good idea to install torque arms on both sides of the fork in order to reduce stress.

Anyway,, I took it for a spin for the first time last night  :D.. The MP3 is certainly very powerful, just like an e-moped.. I used to have a 250W, 36V with pedelec ,, but this is a new world.
I tried the cruise control also,, very handy  :D  So now I can cruise to work with my e-bike, smoking a e-cigarette or reading news on my kindle ,, he he  ;D

/terry