Author Topic: Monkeys bike with 'tassles'  (Read 38094 times)

Offline MonkeyMagic

• Cheeky Chimp
  • Technical Officer
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Monkeys bike with 'tassles'
« Reply #75 on: November 04, 2011, 02:13:03 AM »
I just went all through this thread again and it really is an amazing thing you have built here! When I showed my son were counting the screens looking at the cameras the lights etc. When I showed him the defensive squirting handle bars he couldn't believe it.

I think you need more then a "walk around" video. I think you need a "building of" video showing all your pictures and a narated soundtrack with a spokes person describing the build and the final results. Hows your Morgan Freeman imitation :)

Gary

Hey thanks heaps Gary! Very pleased you took the time to read through the post, I'm impressed you understand the effort I've put in to the build. Great feedback !

Tomorrow apparently is fantastic weather, so I will be sure to take some video. I think I'll start with your suggestion, and make a 'build' video including what steps I took, and how I completed the design etc. I'll have to hunt around for a video editor that can automate alot of it for me based on the timestamps of the photos.

Then I'll do a walk around. It is awesome to ride, but maybe I'm a perfectionist but I will not be 100% satisfied until I replace the front forks and get a new battery to replace the faulty one.

Lol Morgan Freeman.... Haha I'll see how I go :D

Thanks again, great to see you understand the work I've done!!! Cheers

Offline Scooter

• Confirmed
« Reply #76 on: May 31, 2014, 06:44:08 PM »
Is this ebike still in use?
What's the latest?
Staying young thru our toys.

Offline Aliasssss

• Confirmed
« Reply #77 on: June 06, 2014, 10:43:22 AM »
Yeah mate, we could use a heads up ;)

Offline Scooter

• Confirmed
« Reply #78 on: August 13, 2014, 08:39:09 PM »
I am thinking about getting a 20" wheel for the front (the new Vector MP4). I'm curious about the proper dish--the Chinese seem to be ignorant of properly centering the rim between the frame stays of the hub on the lace-up wheels. Obviously this malady can be corrected by flipping the spoke heads around but with a molded wheel you get what it is....

So, how is the front wheel?

Thnx

G

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #79 on: August 13, 2014, 11:40:27 PM »

If they followed my advice (which they said they were going to do) the 20" front wheel should be centred correctly, but I haven't tried one to find out exactly how well the centring of the 20" cast rim turned out. I don't know whether the 16" rim was changed or whether the offset is still as far out as the original.

Alan

Offline Scooter

• Confirmed
« Reply #80 on: August 14, 2014, 05:14:51 AM »
Yeah...I don't want to waste my money on a wheel that isn't centered. In the front this is extremely important.

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #81 on: August 14, 2014, 12:50:13 PM »
I have just been looking at the solidworks drawing of the 20" MPII and the rim does appear to be nicely centred on the axle:

So hopefully the MPIII (and MP4) are correctly centred too.

Alan

« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 03:31:40 PM by Bikemad »