Author Topic: Braking of HBS-48V1000W Solid 16" wheel  (Read 42497 times)

Offline Dummy Dave

• Confirmed
Re: Estimated range continued
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2010, 06:40:05 AM »
YOUR DEAD WRONG ALAN! I GET DOUBLE THAT RANGE NOW AS WE SPEAK. WITH ONLY 4 BATTERIES AND 500 WATT MOTOR. THATS A FACT! SO PLEASE KEEP YOUR STUPID IN ERROR GUESSTAMATES TO YOURSELF. TOMORROW ARE YOU GOING TO COME UP WITH SOME OTHER NEW MATH? YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT ALAN. /peter

Since I don't know what you're talking about, even after reading it all, does this have anything to do with Golden Motor?

Yes, what do you want to know? Beware of alans mostly bogus advice. /peter

So your whole reason for posting is to assail Alan's advice?
I doubt that's what brought you here.
What do you really want?

Offline Dummy Dave

• Confirmed
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2010, 07:36:26 AM »
YOUR DEAD WRONG ALAN! I GET DOUBLE THAT RANGE NOW AS WE SPEAK. WITH ONLY 4 BATTERIES AND 500 WATT MOTOR. THATS A FACT! SO PLEASE KEEP YOUR STUPID IN ERROR GUESSTAMATES TO YOURSELF. TOMORROW ARE YOU GOING TO COME UP WITH SOME OTHER NEW MATH? YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT ALAN. /peter

Since I don't know what you're talking about, even after reading it all, does this have anything to do with Golden Motor?

Yes, what do you want to know? Beware of alans mostly bogus advice. /peter

So your whole reason for posting is to assail Alan's advice?
I doubt that's what brought you here.
What do you really want?
HIS ADVICE IS WRONG! HE CHANGES HIS OPINION EVERY DAY. A DOUBLE MINDED MAN IS UNSTABLE IN ALL HIS THOUGHTS! JUST WHAT IS YOUR QUESTION? /peter
What advice?  My opinion of you is based on what you say.  
If you read the archives, you can learn a lot here.  You have to pick through a lot of posts to find the gems you need, but it's worth it if you have, or want to have a Golden Motor product.
I think you don't own, or want to own, a GM product.  
You came here asking us to look at your wonderful purchase of a different brand, and insulted everyone here.  Are you legitimate?  Or are you just a troll?

There used to be a competition among trolls to see how many replys they could generate with the very type of posts you bring here.  Franky, in that department your skills are lacking.  You haven't enraged anyone.  You have only attacked.  Your skills are weak and trivial.
Are you contributing anything to this forum, or are you just a troll?
Too bad you can't find a forum for the product you bought.  They could massage your manhood and tell you that you made the right choice.  In this forum, you'll find people interested in helping others.  If you look hard enough, you'll even find fools like yourself who believe it is better to cut other people down.  But I doubt you'll find satisfaction.  People here are smarter than you think.

I don't think people here will keep you entertained by answering an endless thread full of your insults.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 03:11:27 PM by GM Moderator »

Offline Dummy Dave

• Confirmed
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2010, 07:43:51 AM »
JUST WHAT THE ____ IS YOUR QUESTION? /peter

Do you have a Golden Motor product?
What do you want to know about it?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 01:50:50 AM by GM Moderator »

Offline Dummy Dave

• Confirmed
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2010, 08:08:51 AM »
JUST WHAT THE ____ IS YOUR QUESTION? /peter

Do you have a Golden Motor product?
What do you want to know about it?

yes I do own a gm motor. I know enough! what the hell do you know about them? more ____ facts like alan? just buy a gio scooter and your life will improve. trust me? what do you want to know? exactly what? /peter
You own a GM motor?  Which one?  What's your question about it?

You bought a gio scooter, and now I should too?  Would that make you feel like you made the right choice?
I bought a Magic Pie when they first came out.  It's on my MTB, and I'm happy.  Sorry you're not.
Would it make you feel better if you made everyone else as unhappy as you are?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 01:52:49 AM by GM Moderator »

Offline Sundsvall

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
  • N 62° 23', E 17° 19'
Re: Braking of HBS-48V1000W Solid 16" wheel
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2010, 08:28:23 AM »

Please, post some pictures of your scooter.

Best regards
Peter
Citizen of the Kingdom of Sweden
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 01:59:13 PM by Bikemad »
Midsummer sun = up 02:54   down 22:51   angle 51,0° :)
Midwinter sun =    up 09:19   down14:18   angle 4,2° :(
Mean annual temperature = 3,1°C

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2010, 01:47:12 PM »
The Police pull those GIO things over all the time here.  They expect them to be registered.  Sure they can be legal with pedals and things.

I used to race one and beat it all the time and I got talking to the man who owned it and he asked if I ever was bothered by the law.  And I said nope.  He told me he was being fined and harassed by the police.  Each policeman he encountered had their own opinions of the Scooter.  You know,  Once the law thinks something there aint much you can do to convince them otherwise. 

Best to have a bicycle and not confuse Police me thinks.  I still think some wind fairings would be nice on an MTB.

Bring it on

Offline MonkeyMagic

• Cheeky Chimp
  • Technical Officer
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2010, 02:05:43 PM »
Yep absolutely, its the width of those particular ones that's the problem.

With no disrespect what so ever, the wider models such as the gio are not comfortable to ride at all
Plus the fact that these things don't have any gearing on the pedals so you can only pedal at a very high gear ratio (to help on a hill)

I think they are still based on a bicycle-ish type frame, this is the model I am currently testing they are the same thing because those hub motors & controllers are part of a pretty standard line

This one is heaps skinnier and feels like a bike, I've got a black and a silver one at the moment and they have front drum brake, and rear band brake so they would need to be serviced at a motorcycle repair shop really if you didn't know what you were doing

Anyway I don't want to modify them because they will sell well (and legal) as is. The controller has a power limiter on a switch under the handlebars that limits the controller to 25km/h and will comply with oz

I much prefer my MP though!

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2010, 02:07:30 PM »

Technology is too much for some people to manage.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 01:52:54 PM by Bikemad »

Bring it on

Offline MonkeyMagic

• Cheeky Chimp
  • Technical Officer
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2010, 02:10:39 PM »
Spot on there ;)

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2010, 02:11:20 PM »
Yes width, that was my thoughts when I would speed up from behind this GIO bike.

You have better comfort pedaling a horse. Id imagine chafing happening,  the pedals were an attempt to make them appear legal IMO.

Bring it on

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2010, 07:01:50 AM »
Peter,

If you are new to this forum you will probably be unaware as to how in depth the knowledge goes here for many of the regular posters. If you don’t agree with someone that is fine. That is what brings on interesting conversation. If there is any question you have or advise to give, please feel free to get it out there. Just try to be a little more respectful of the other members of this and any other forum you visit.

I have ridden on the Stanly park path many times in the past as I used to live on Davie street. I hope to ride it again some day. We do have some fantastic Bicycle paths here as well in southern Ontario. Hopefully you can ride them someday as well.

Enjoy the Ride!
Gary
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 12:08:56 AM by GM Canada »

leo1

« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2010, 05:00:15 AM »
The Police pull those GIO things over all the time here.  They expect them to be registered.  Sure they can be legal with pedals and things.

I used to race one and beat it all the time and I got talking to the man who owned it and he asked if I ever was bothered by the law.  And I said nope.  He told me he was being fined and harassed by the police.  Each policeman he encountered had their own opinions of the Scooter.  You know,  Once the law thinks something there aint much you can do to convince them otherwise. 

Best to have a bicycle and not confuse Police me thinks.  I still think some wind fairings would be nice on an MTB.
Not in vancouver, I was stopped once by a motorcycle cop. All he wanted to know was where I got it and how much I paid for it. His wife heard of them, and wanted one to do daily errands. Without having to use her suv. All vancouver cops know gio scooters are legal. What I know for a fact is that gio scooters are the most comfortable scooter I have ever riden. They ride like a magic carpet. Wider body makes it more comfortable for the leg room. Not to mention excellent balance. That little orange scooter pictured would be great! Mabey for my 12 year old daughter. /peter

leo1

« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2010, 05:14:19 AM »
I saw one moron go at a recumbent owner in another forum stating it was the most unaerodynamic design hed seen.m  Its was low and sleek. 

Hi, forgive my ignorance, but what is a recumbent bike? /peter
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 01:47:42 PM by Bikemad »

leo1

« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2010, 05:37:08 AM »

Whoah dude you really love that thing?

I checked out the scooter specs and its just a china moped. Not bagging them I think they look tops however, they do come with a pretty chunky 12Ah SLA battery and also sorry to correct you but if I rode for 32Km/h then I would last 1.8Hrs by your above quote. So really riding all day I would need to go 2.5Km/h so then I would probably prefer to walk.

Anywho we are currently testing some of these models (different body, same insides) and the biggest you can fit in them is a 20Ah SLA or 30Ah Lithium battery that has to be custom cased to fit under the seat. Putting batteries in that 4mm thick abs plastic boot on the back will break on the first corner it took, that's if you can balance the bike with all of the weight in the back and lean forward so you have two wheels on the ground.

They go 32Km/h, its 350W continuous with a speed limiter switch that reduces the output power of the motor to comply with euro standard. Limited at 25km/h.

Weight is 65Kg and recommended rider weight is 70Kg - Max safe rider/gross weight is 100Kg
Headlight draws 6Amps. I asked my supplier if they also come in mens.

On a gio, when you upgrade to a 1000 watt gm motor. You scrap the speed limiter, then replace the controller. Order an external usb interface from gary. Now you can dial in the perfect balance between your motor power with your battery power on your laptop. /peter
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 01:45:55 PM by Bikemad »

Offline e-lmer

• Technical Officer
  • Master of Magic
    • My page
« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2010, 05:38:54 AM »
Leo;
the seat on a recumbant bike is directly in front (usually) of the
rear wheel.

The pedals, on the other hand, are usually far in front of the
steering mechanism (handlebars)