Author Topic: Parts or dimension needed  (Read 30763 times)

Offline Chris Angel

Parts or dimension needed
« on: September 23, 2008, 03:40:55 PM »
Ordered 2 kits early July. Put both into service (or tried) mid August and noticed a sliding scraping sound at all no load speeds. Opened wire side cover and found bushing missing. Emailed sales@goldenmotor.com and smart Bike Canada (where the kits were drop shipped from) asking for either the part or dimensions of the bushing so I could buy locally. I generously offered to repair their defective from factory equipment no charge back or return shipping or other such grief for them, work time and expense for me. You would think that would warrant some cooperation. Noooo, not with golden. From smart Bike Canada I get sorry Philip will have to handle this and from Philp nothing despite 3 emails sent and weeks of patience. Nothing improves with this outfit, no manual or parts breakdown no support and no courtesy. I would appreciate if anyone can provide the wire side bushing dimensions for 36V brushless hub motor. I have read many postings on this site and seen a number of rationilizations for this kind of shoddy customer service and despite these there is no excuse for the continued lack of documentation, parts support and basic customer service.

PS - Customer service When someone offers to do you a favor and you do not respond that is RUDE by any definition, regardless of culture. If you (P.Y.) have not learned this and made the changes that so many of your customers are asking for by now you never will. Send me an email if I am wrong otherwise I can and will take my business elsewhere. It is most annoying to have prompt responses from you when money is involved but none where service is involved. This forum does not take the place of customer service, if someone told you that they are WRONG, it can suplement customer service but it can't repalace it especially when there are no other resources like User Guides, Parts Manuals and responses to inquiries other than sales. If you have those basic things you can then benefit through a reduction in the need for customer service.

PPS - Customer service, if you don't have the part how about opening a motor side cover, grab a set of calipers and measure. Then maybe you will remember why documentation is important.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 03:50:52 PM by Chris Angel »

kazbluesky

Re: Parts or dimension needed
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 04:47:08 PM »
I know exactly how you feel mate, I honestly don't understand their attitude, answering emails (just this alone) would improve their reputation and business immensely.  Instructions and tech specifications and graphics - I mean, really, how difficult can that be for them to get hold of??

Good luck, sorry I can't help, because they never even bothered to SEND me a motor.......still took my money though.

Offline Chris Angel

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 06:33:38 PM »
That too is simply remedied, do not invoice a customers credit card until the order is filled better yet not until it ships. Then provide the tracking number at the same time as the invoice notification. Other companies have tried this same thing bill for the entire order without the stock to fill it. I protest it every time as it as way too difficult to tell who is scamming and who is not unless the reputable ones play by that rule. I do believe you will get your product though. This company is very deeply flawed but not actually grifters.

Offline Lanchon

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 08:45:22 PM »
> It is most annoying to have prompt responses from you when money is involved but none where service is involved.

if golden were a reseller instead of a manufacturer it'd be difficult for Philip to answer that question. people have the idea that there's a factory but I've never read anything in the way of proof of that. why I asked I got: yeah, Philip has a factory.

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2008, 02:38:18 AM »
Where is that factory?

Im sure its all up to speed and I'm very very happy with my GM product dealer in Australia.  In my mind Philip
Yao the good guy that makes my bike run really well.

However

Ive done a little background check on this site for 1.  Its registered to Yao, Guohua

Remember guys this could all mean nothing what-so-ever make of it what you will and take care when dealing with this information.  It is all legal and retrievable from the internet..

who-is search on this site

GoldenMotor.Com
 9 Bukit Batok Central Link
 #27-02, The Jade
 Singapore,  658074
 SG
+65-xxxxxxx

From my experience running comercial web sites in multiple countries it is back boners law AUP to use your correct address when registering a domain name for business reasons.

As this is the only up front server domain registered to Philip Yao (not a sub domain of another domain) I take this as the owner of this sites address.

He could have a forum guru running this site (Guru ???)

However the stamp on my motor says goldenmtor.com. Notice the missing letter O.  this could be a typo  ???

Then I did a profile check on the company..

And the business is registered to

Company Authentication
Company Name: Golden Motor Technology Co., Ltd.
Country/Territory: China
Registered Address: Luoyang Town, Changzhou, Jiangsu, China Zip: 213104
Year Established: 2006-07-10
Legal Representative/CEO: Mr. Guohua Yao
Legal Form: Wholly Foreign-Owned Enterprise
Registration No.: No.004585
Issuing Authority: Jiangsu Province Changzhou Administration for Industry and Commerce
Date of Issue: 2006-07-10
Date of Expiry: 2021-07-09
Registered Capital: USD 6,250,000 

Applicant Information
Name: Mr. Philip Yao
Department: Management Department
Job Title: Board Chairman

Then I find this at tootoo.com

http://www.tootoo.com/d-c15166415-Golden_Motor_Technology_Co_Ltd_/

Mr. Philip YAO

Address: #608 Suncity Business Center,367 Tong Jiang Zhong Road
Zip: 213000
Tel: 86-519-xxxxxxx
Fax: 86-519-xxxxxxx
http://cngoldenmotor.en.alibaba.com

^^^^
at least this ties the comany profile and this web site domain together...

Then we have a distributor in Hong Kong ?

Wah Lun technology pty.ltd

Search google Hong Kong. :D

http://www.google.com.hk/search?hl=en&q=wah+lun+technology+pty.ltd&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

Nothing

Did a data base search on the company name... Wah Lun technology pty.ltd

Sorry, we found no results matching your query.

Oops dead end.  still could mean ZiP ???

If anything this only proves that there exsists more than a factory related to this/these company.

I will let you know if I find anything concrete.  I don't want to start spending cash on international calls for this..

Look guys I could be wrong but is there is something fishy going on?

I spoke to a long time friend in China with a high profile job in electronics and she tells me that she knows of Golden Motors in Shangha.

My friend in china is going to spend a little more time investaging these problems people are having.

There seems to be two types of stories going down... Some people saying the products are exceptional and other saying that they continue to get bad (used) products and bad  (used) replacment products..

Make of it what you will....
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 01:00:57 PM by Smeee »

Bring it on

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2008, 01:28:54 PM »
Look guys, it's giiving me depression reading through half of the threads here about the bad dealings...  If it was me Id be pretty upset too, but complaining here seems to do nothing but interupt what the community does here.

Above is what one should be doing if they have any problems. Look into it and use your net.  you would be amazed what ya can dig up when you use "GOOGLE" a Who-is query ETC. Information is knowledge and knowledge is power.  Use this to your advantage.

So far my experience here has been a roler coaster of events.

It saddens me to see people get angry all the time.

So far ive been shown by Lanchon to test my hubs without a controller, Ive been shown how to fix a twist grip so it is very strong, and Pete helped fix one of my chargers and saved me some money.  And all the other stuff...  We here have no idea whats going on regarding the bad products and there is no real rep that I can see representing Golden Motors spin on these complaints....

Other than search this companies under garments looking for holes we here have nothing more to give but say,  I know how you feel send an email, phone him up yada yada...  Not much more than you have done already.

Some advice I guess is great when things are not rosey but it seems many threads end up like this when all he wants is some help looking for a spacer or bush???.  I really didnt understand the question of the OP to begin with but I know where its going...

If you hang here long enough you will learn something from the guys here but we can not refund your cash, nor could we make it more possible to get your cash back...

Lanchon you are like me in one way or two. I worry too much..  We should stop!

Diss me if im wrong.  But I like this place and you with it...

Peace out...

Bring it on

Offline Chris Angel

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2008, 02:41:42 PM »
I am truly impressed with your research regarding Golden Motor. I would have no idea how to acquire this information from China.

All anyone has to do to satisfy their curiosity regarding Golden Motors customer and parts service is :
1. Look for your parts manual with your order.
2. Email or contact anyone regarding the identity and availability of parts.

I purchased my first kit from Golden in 2004 which predates the registration dates shown in your research and I am sure they existed at least 1-2 years prior to that.   
I am not so much concerned with their legitimacy as I am the obvious direction of the company. Someone (probably Philip) seems to think that this forum is a complete substitute for customer / parts support and so it is perfectly acceptable to ignore any such requests. I have waited 4 years and this company still refuses to address quality and documentation issues. This coupled with recent experiences like billing a month and a half prior to shipping, add up to an unacceptable direction for me. No hard feelings there are lots of other goof ball companies out there playing the same bush league games. I will make my next purchase from a company that understands the value of repeat business and what is required to encourage it. Somewhere (cue music from Wizard of Oz) that I don't have to post to a forum for basic parts information...

In case the original purpose of my email is not clear, if you remove the "wire side" motor cover there is a bronze bushing or spacer around the axle. This is missing and rather than ship the thing back to where it was drop shipped from I am willing to replace it either with an original part if someone can supply it or if someone can advise dimensions using a caliper or micrometer then I will purchase one locally from a industrial supply house. Anyone, please...

PS Sorry Smeee about the description being a little confusing but I seem to have misplaced my parts list and owners manual and specification sheet any of which would have given us a common frame of reference as to the identity of the part. Oddly enough I can't get a response from Golden Motor .... must go now dizzy from going around in circles while Philip chants "You buy more now...."   

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2008, 10:28:47 PM »
you mean sleave (bush) on the last part of the axle before the thread starts.

If so

Man thats wierd.  How could they miss that.

Id take it into a machinist and get them to figure something out.

I heard the term bush in auto industry forgive me I'm an aussie we call the bush a dryish forest land.  :P

Bring it on

Offline biohazardman

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2008, 04:23:13 AM »
I am truly impressed with your research regarding Golden Motor. I would have no idea how to acquire this information from China.

All anyone has to do to satisfy their curiosity regarding Golden Motors customer and parts service is :
1. Look for your parts manual with your order.
2. Email or contact anyone regarding the identity and availability of parts.

I purchased my first kit from Golden in 2004 which predates the registration dates shown in your research and I am sure they existed at least 1-2 years prior to that.   
I am not so much concerned with their legitimacy as I am the obvious direction of the company. Someone (probably Philip) seems to think that this forum is a complete substitute for customer / parts support and so it is perfectly acceptable to ignore any such requests. I have waited 4 years and this company still refuses to address quality and documentation issues. This coupled with recent experiences like billing a month and a half prior to shipping, add up to an unacceptable direction for me. No hard feelings there are lots of other goof ball companies out there playing the same bush league games. I will make my next purchase from a company that understands the value of repeat business and what is required to encourage it. Somewhere (cue music from Wizard of Oz) that I don't have to post to a forum for basic parts information...

In case the original purpose of my email is not clear, if you remove the "wire side" motor cover there is a bronze bushing or spacer around the axle. This is missing and rather than ship the thing back to where it was drop shipped from I am willing to replace it either with an original part if someone can supply it or if someone can advise dimensions using a caliper or micrometer then I will purchase one locally from a industrial supply house. Anyone, please...

PS Sorry Smeee about the description being a little confusing but I seem to have misplaced my parts list and owners manual and specification sheet any of which would have given us a common frame of reference as to the identity of the part. Oddly enough I can't get a response from Golden Motor .... must go now dizzy from going around in circles while Philip chants "You buy more now...."   

The bushing on my kit was extremely short so I just found some pipe and cut a piece long enough to place the washer supplied just slightly past the area on the axle that has flats on both sides.  That way when things are tightened up the frame dropout pushes on the washer and bushing.  I suspect this pushes against the bearing assembly and holds things together. It's an easy thing to measure if the wheel is not on the bike else is very difficult.

kazbluesky

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2008, 05:08:53 AM »
Hi Smeee, no offense, but I think you're talking sh!te!!   This is definitely the place to be complaining about service or the lack of it.  I'm interested in ebikes (we all are are ) , I'd much prefer to be talking about how great my new motor was performing and all the mods I' wanted to make to my bike and the motor to give it real teeth but I can't - I've been scammed!!

I feel furious and though I have no halo above my head I honestly feel that I have to help other people  not get f@#ked like I have. 

If you are tired of hearing the complaints, I understand, don't read them, but after being butt-f@#ked at least allow us to tell how sore we feel....

Offline Lanchon

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2008, 07:37:17 AM »
info at goldenmotor.com used to say the domain represented a company called Golden Island Machinery Ltd. (2006). now it's backed by Golden Motor Technology Co Ltd.

"Golden Island Machinery Ltd. is a private company founded in 1996, located in Changzhou, Jiangsu province, about 150Km northwest to Shanghai. We are a medium sized company with more than 150 staffs, 20,000m2 of factory land. With our talented dc motor/controller designer and mechanics engineers, experienced assembly work force, we are confident to provide our valuable customers with its quality products and services at the lowest cost. Our company is specialized in manufacturing of brushed/brushless hub motors, BLDC motors, pancake motors, motorized wheels, power wheelchairs, golf trikes, all sort of drive controllers, welding wire feeders, and other OEM products for domestic and overseas customers..."

maybe GIM was not interested in retailing. maybe Philip offered to set up an unofficial retailing outfit. maybe later it was decided that the outfit should be a separate company to insulate GIM from Philip's doings, and GMT was the result. there's no question Philip owns the goldenmotor.com domain, but a factory? I don't know about you but I find it hard to believe the chairman of the board is taking our orders, who knows...

Chris, sorry to hijack your thread. if anyone can help him with his missing bronze bushing or spacer, please do so.

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2008, 09:29:34 AM »
Now Join the dots...

Golden motors in my mind are not responsible for this.  More like this lot pretending maybe. 

http://mywebsite.bigpond.com/islandearth/zjhubmotor/zjhubmotor.htm

intercepting orders and stuff.

They have the profile that matches the quality gear being sold off.

its all a little confusing atm

These guys used to sell golden island hubs I think.  They were parteners.

http://www.users.bigpond.com/solarbbq/bikesale/bsale.htm
http://www.ebike.biz/

ISLAND EARTH KITS
(non-geared)

All Kits Below are sent from China.

1. GL-1
Brushless Gearless
850watt peak power
$320 aud
plus $90aud freight
(5.8kg)  dia=18cm
36Volt/48Volt
18amp

Brett white at Island Earth is well know to us here in Oz as 100% honest and up to speed and if he cant get it no one can..
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 09:47:59 AM by Smeee »

Bring it on

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2008, 10:20:40 AM »
Whoahhh where ever this goes watch out for this lot...

Brett White Says
>>>>
They in fact thought it was in their advantage that I was alone, that I did not speak the language and did not have much support to help me through the crisis.
They tried to injure me on more than one occassion, one incident involved puting very small shards of broken glass in my coffee powder from a broken
lightbulb ( sorry Qihua and family it didn't work!) in another incident his father attacked me and Qihua Shen threatened me with a knife. Furthermore I was left in a position of having to find accomodation for myself after the attack which is no easy feat in a foreign country where you don't speak the language and have little support.

I've spoken to Brett White at Island Earth over the phone on a few occasions ans he seemed soft, calm and timid.  His reputaion on forums he goes to matches my experience.

Brett White went to China paid good wages to these people and was almost killed.

If anyone is capable of screwing people with dodgy products in this manner zjhubmotor is and I would like to find anyone with the balls in china pulling this type of bussiness..

Sorry guys I've known about zjhubmotor and this story for about 2 months it was in the back of my mind when I saw an old forum post refering to Golden Island hubs from Brett White and I thought its couldnt be..

I still could be wrong..  Lets hope..
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 10:26:23 AM by Smeee »

Bring it on

1 swift turtle

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2008, 03:36:22 AM »
i can't help you with the bushing but the bearing 3 is 6202rs and the bearing cross refrence guide will at least give you the shaft and case size. I read reply 3 4 and now i'll do much more investigating as I was about to order 260,000
canadian dollars worth of custom made motors and controllers. phillip has aways been good to me but look why . thanks les robinson 1 swift turtle electric bikes
one-swift-turtle@hotmail.com halifax nova scotia canada

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2008, 04:42:43 AM »
None of these guys are named Philip and to say even Philip may be beeing played by these toons.

You got to think deeper sometimes as these types look for any holes they can find I mean any holes.  Maybe ask him to be sure about who he sends through.

It also may be the case of will the real Philip stand up.

Im doin some stuff with a long time friend in china, Im not sure where this will lead but hopefuly we can get good GM parts from the manufacturer through a healthy exporter.

Im not business minded at heart.  Things are moving at a day by day pace.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 04:53:52 AM by Smeee »

Bring it on