Author Topic: Breaks not cutting off power to motor (Magic Pie 5)  (Read 87 times)

Offline Vipinpsharma

• Confirmed
Breaks not cutting off power to motor (Magic Pie 5)
« on: July 12, 2024, 06:09:41 PM »
I have been riding my Magic Pie 5 happily for quite some time. Recently, I noticed that when speed was locked (via the red cruise control button), breaking wasn't cutting off power to the motor at all. I had to press on main thumb throttle lever to disengaged the throttle lock and only then I could use the breaks to slow down the bike.

What is expected to happen is that when speed is locked, squeezing the brakes will not only disengaged the speed lock but also apply the regen to help slow down the bike beyond braking power.

I have tried resetting the parameters via Bluetooth but I don't see the behavior changing. It is as if the squeezing action of the either of the breaks is not being detected. If it was only one break, I could have faulted the break switch itself, but the behavior is the same with either front or rear brakes. I also confirmed my Bluetooth connection is working fine because I can see the effect of changes in the maximum acceleration.

I would appreciate any help here.

Thanks,
Vipin