Author Topic: MP5 - PAS does not work - controller program does not save changes  (Read 4337 times)

Offline LeoNor

• Confirmed
Hi,

I have some challenges with my MP4 upgraded to MP5;
I have changed the controller, BAC 601, cables and the sensor on PAS (but not the magnetic plate itself).

I get no response from PAS on the pedals!
Maximum forward speed (rpm) in the controller software changes back to 380 when I load data from the controller.
The throttle only gives a little speed to the engine, it may seem like it is max 6 km / h.

I have read a lot here on the forum to find possible sources of error.

Does anyone have ideas about what might be wrong?

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: MP5 - PAS does not work - controller program does not save changes
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2019, 09:50:04 PM »
Hi Leo andto the forum.

If the motor only begins to turn at over 1/2 to 3/4 throttle movement, I suspect there may be a problem with a low +5V supply to the throttle unit coming from the controller.

If you unplug the Pedelec sensor (which also draws its current from the same +5V supply), you may find that the rpm will increase.
If this is the case, I suspect that the controller or the Pedelec unit may be at fault.

The programming lead also draws power from this +5V supply, but if it is too low, it may not be sufficient to operate the correct programming function of the controller's chip correctly.  :-\

You can hopefully measure the voltage of the +5V supply between the Black and Red wires on the Pedelec connector, which should be at least 3.5~4.0V.

A minimum of 3.25V is required on the throttle signal wire to achieve the maximum motor rpm.  ;)

Alan

« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 09:55:43 PM by Bikemad »

Offline LeoNor

• Confirmed
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2019, 04:55:17 PM »
Hello again,

Thanks for answering the inquiry, appreciate help :-)

I disconnected Pedlec, but did not increase the speed of the engine on the throttle.
(There came code 15 on the dispaly half a second when I pushed the throttle)

I measured between the red and black leader and got 4.34 V.

Does this tell you anything? : - /
Thanks for the help.

Sincerely LeoNor

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2019, 06:21:42 PM »
4.34V should be sufficient for the +5V supply, but I am puzzled by the code 15 error as the BAC-601 User Guide only lists error codes from 0-9.

I also don't understand why the motor rpm is so low (6 km/h), unless the controller is somehow stuck in reverse at 60rpm instead of the 380 maximum forward rpm.  :-\

Make sure that the Black and Blue wires that connect together to select the reverse option are not touching each other, as this could also prevent correct programming of the controller, as well as engaging reverse mode.

Was everything working correctly before you upgraded from MP4 to MP5, or did you have an existing problem that lead to the upgrade?

Are you able to post a screenshot of the current settings in the controller?

Alan

Offline LeoNor

• Confirmed
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2019, 04:29:23 AM »
I had a problem before upgrading; When I think back, I only got out about 6 km / h on the throttle. Former owner had mounted a PAS sensor on the wheel and used mode 1-5 on the display to change speed. I dismantled this and tried to make the PAS sensor on the pedal work.

I had an accident and overturned on the ice (trike), where the display was destroyed. Then nothing seemed to work. I got a new display at GM CA and got error code 9. After some search on the forum I bought a new controller, cables and PAS sensor. The throttle is not swapped.

I have checked that blue and black wires are not in contact.

It may seem that the throttle is the problem?

Screenshot of the current setting. Revers was disabled right before I posted here on the forum.

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2019, 09:57:05 AM »
It does sound like the throttle may be causing the problem as the problem is the same with both controllers.

Is your replacement display for the MP4 or MP5, as they are different?

A setting of 10 for the PAS Ratio ( 0.1 times ) seems to be a bit too low, as the default is usually 30. But if your display is for use with a MP4, the PAS might not work while the wrong display unit is plugged in.

Alan

Offline LeoNor

• Confirmed
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2019, 10:46:02 AM »
On the GM CA website, it is stated that the same display can be used for both MP4 and Mp5. I see on the order confirmation that I have received MP5.
https://www.goldenmotor.bike/product/smart-display-for-magic-pie-5-smart-pie-5-and-the-edge/

So then I have the correct edition?

I'll order a new throttle and hope it solves the throttle problem.

Thanks again.

Offline LeoNor

• Confirmed
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2019, 12:12:41 PM »
By the way - The display was ordered in January this year and the controller in March. Then there is good reason to believe that both are V5 and should work together? (It does not appear that GM CA has display for V4.)

And when I get a new throttle that is also adapted to V5, everything should work :)

Do you agree? :)

Offline LeoNor

• Confirmed
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2019, 07:23:23 PM »
Hello again,

I have put in a new throttle and switched the magnet to pedelec, and everything works just fine.  ;D

Can't wait to get the trike out on the road. :D

Thanks for your help again. ;)