Author Topic: Converting Magic Pie Front Hub Motor to Rear (Are they interchangable?)  (Read 2698 times)

Offline GenK_777

• Confirmed
Hi There,

I own a front wheel drive Magic Pie hub motor that I purchased a few years ago. It is a great motor and at 1000w more then strong enough.

The question I have is can I convert this front wheel drive hub motor to a rear wheel drive?

Second queation is what parts would I need to do this if it is feasilbe?

Thankyou for any help and input on this.

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Converting Magic Pie Front Hub Motor to Rear (Are they interchangable?)
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2018, 08:07:56 PM »
Hi Bill,

It can be converted, but I don't know whether the parts can be purchased separately.  :-\

You would definitely need at least one new side cover (the freewheel side) and a new rear axle, but replacing the axle may require the use of a hydraulic or mechanical press, as they are a very tight interference fit into the stator housing.

Alan

Offline Sam.Vanratt

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
Re: Converting Magic Pie Front Hub Motor to Rear (Are they interchangable?)
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2018, 07:39:09 PM »
Hi There,

I own a front wheel drive Magic Pie hub motor that I purchased a few years ago. It is a great motor and at 1000w more then strong enough.

The question I have is can I convert this front wheel drive hub motor to a rear wheel drive?

Second queation is what parts would I need to do this if it is feasilbe?

Thankyou for any help and input on this.

Hi
I'd interested in the "old" MP, so you could by a rear variant instead. Exchanging the wheel and the bearings is quite a dead (I replaced all the default bearings with better once, after my first MP3 failed in the beginning; so I'd to do the same.
How much do you want and where do you live? About 10kg could be quite expensive around the world...
Cheers
Sam