Author Topic: Golden Motor Pedelec Programming Using Smart Display  (Read 3333 times)

Offline Rrisdon

• Confirmed
Golden Motor Pedelec Programming Using Smart Display
« on: August 10, 2018, 07:32:00 PM »
I have a Smart Pie 5 Vector installed on my wife's bike and have ordered a Magic Pie 5 Vector for mine (which has not yest arrived.)  Both will have Smart Displays.  I installed the standard pedelec on my wife's bike.  I have read the through the pedelec thread on this forum and have come to the conclusion that an acceptable operation of the Golden Motor pedelec using the Smart Display is not possible.  Even though the Smart Display shows levels 1 through 5 for PAS, levels one and two do not work and levels three through five all function identically in a full power mode.  The throttle is sequential which is great which brings me to the following question.  Why isn't there a PAS program option for the smart display that allows a specific power wattage threshold for each PAS level.  Since the throttle operates with varying levels of power, the controller clearly has this capability.  For example, on the Smart Pie level 1 could be 100 watts, level 2 would be set to 200 watts and so on.  This should be user programmable.  The pedelec would only know to hit the max wattage upon pedelec input.  Is this something that Golden Motor can offer as an update to their software?