Author Topic: GM Canada Not Refunding Overpayment (resolved)  (Read 3629 times)

Offline Brendon1128

• Confirmed
GM Canada Not Refunding Overpayment (resolved)
« on: May 04, 2018, 03:22:21 AM »
Hey guys,

About 2 weeks back I ordered a Smart pie kit from Gary Salo at GM Canada. Gary responded and told me he is out of stock of the Smart Pies and isnt getting them in. He then issued me a store credit instead of a refund. I ended up switching to buy a new controller to replace my burnt out one on my current pie, but Gary wont refund me the $360 overpayment. He said right away hed issue the refund, but then started ghosting me and ignoring my messages.

Idk what to do, I didnt ask for a store credit, and its not like I was asking to return a purchase, I never got the product I ordered to begin with. Below are my message history. Could use some help from the forums. I like GM and Ive bought from Gary in the past. Id hate for this to have to come to me contacting my credit card company
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 09:28:55 PM by GM Canada »

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: GM Canada Not Refunding Overpayment (resolved)
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2018, 08:56:59 AM »
Hi Brendon,

Have you opened a Support Ticket or tried talking to Gary on the phone (or skype) or even contacting him directly via Live Chat on his website?

Although, I must admit that I often have problems getting hold of Gary on Live Chat, mainly because he tends to be busy dealing with other customers or trying to get their orders out on time, and I'm pretty sure that he's not deliberately ignoring (or ghosting) me.  ;)

I'm sure that there will be a logical explanation for this oversight as Gary certainly won't have done this intentionally.

Alan

« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 09:30:55 PM by GM Canada »

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2018, 01:34:12 PM »
Hi Brendon,

On the 22nd you ordered a Smart Pie. On the 23rd I told you it was out of stock. You asked to switch to some other items instead. I told you I would give you store credit then you can order what you want and I would refund the rest. You placed 2 orders after that on the 24th and 25th using up some of the store credit. We shipped them to you. I see now after some research, on the 27th you requested a refund for the rest. Unfortunately you posted to the original cancelled order and I was not sent those messages. Once an order is cancelled I don't see any messages written to the order unless we stumble across them scrolling way back in order history. We are not notified. This is a limitation of the website software that I unfortunately cant change. I just scrolled back through the orders and those messages are buried 14 pages back and unfortunately not noticed. I don't expect people to know that but that is what happened and I am sorry for that. I looked all though our collective data and see no emails, txt's or notifications from you in any other channel.

The refund is now complete. Please in the future if you can't get a hold of me just call me, I believe we have talked on the phone before. Just call. I have an 800 number. 1-800-717-1324. Or create a ticket( the best way to get my attention), email me, use the chat (although I can't always answer that) contact me on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter etc. I am not that hard to reach. But just call.

I am sorry you had this experience and hopefully you will understand it was not intentional.

Gary

« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 09:30:37 PM by GM Canada »

Offline Brendon1128

• Confirmed
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2018, 05:56:33 PM »
Thanks Gary! No worries like I said Ive bought from you before and normally great service. I was able to install the new controller and torque arms and they are working great. So far that axle is holding in place now.

I was just having issues getting in touch and didnt know what to do. Ill try calling next time.

Thanks again!

Brendon
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 09:30:16 PM by GM Canada »

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2018, 09:45:48 PM »
Thank you for understanding :)

I was a little surprised by your post. I looked you up and you have been buying from me for over 5 years. I'm glad I was not on vacation where I vanish for 2 weeks at a time :)

I marked the title as resolved on each post. I don't want anyone getting the wrong idea :)

Enjoy the ride !

Gary