Author Topic: Can you use a throttle on different voltages, or are they set to 1 only?  (Read 8027 times)

Offline muzza.au

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
G'day all,

Can you use a throttle on different voltages, or are they set to 1 only? I'm talking about ones without the battery level indicator. I'm guessing that the indicator is set for 1 only.

You see I have a spare throttle that came with a 36v kit (not GM) and I want to know if it can be hooked up to a 48v controller.

Muzza.

stl_recum

I can't tell you for sure. But, if you don't care about the battery level indication you should be able to connect the 36v throttle to another voltage controller.

According to the wire diagrams,

The black and brown wires are a zero voltage connections. The same as the negative of your battery.

The yellow wire is a switch contact where the controller is supplying the voltage probably through a pullup resistor which goes from +4 to 7 volts with the switch open and 0 volts when the button is pressed.

The red and the white wires are the throttle where the red wire has a +4 to 7 volts on it at all times and the white wire goes from 0 to the applied voltage based on the throttle position.

That leaves the green wire, which is the battery level. Don't connect that one up and the throttle should work on different voltages.

Offline biohazardman

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
G'day all,

Can you use a throttle on different voltages, or are they set to 1 only? I'm talking about ones without the battery level indicator. I'm guessing that the indicator is set for 1 only.

You see I have a spare throttle that came with a 36v kit (not GM) and I want to know if it can be hooked up to a 48v controller.

Muzza.

I used my 36v throttle on 48v for 700+ miles before it died but then it had 2Kmiles total on it.  When I spoke with Phillip some months back he said to convert to 48v from 36v all that I needed was the battery and controller.  The throttle does not see the pack voltage anyway although there may be some difference between the two.

Offline Philip Lynott

• Confirmed
I'm using a 36V throttle with a 48V controller no problem - except the battery indictor is wrong unless you change it's connection point to the battery pack accordingly.

Offline muzza.au

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
Thanx all,

I haven't got my new controller yet, but I'll just have to try it out when I do.

Muzza.