Author Topic: Hooking up throttle with voltage display  (Read 2869 times)

Offline Gadadhoon

• Confirmed
Hooking up throttle with voltage display
« on: November 16, 2017, 06:01:10 PM »
Just upgraded from a black magic to a Magic pie V5.  I would like to hook up a throttle with a digital voltage display to it because then I'll have a better feel for how much voltage I have than with the three LED throttle that comes with the kit. Yes, I realize that for the best accuracy I need to get a amp-hour analyst, but it's not important enough for me to spend $100.  I bought a digitial display throttle with a key.  It has 5 wires total.  Two wires connect to the power supply on its way to the controller to turn power to the controller on/off - that bit makes sense.  The confusing bit is the 3 pin connector with 3 wires running to it.  The instructions for the throttle say the red and black wires on the 3 pin connector hook up to the existing red and black throttle wires, and that the green wire is a 0-5 volt controller that hooks up to the green (or blue) controller on the bike to vary voltage as the throttle is twisted.  I see that the MP V5 has a single throttle cable that plugs into the main cable coming off the controller.  Are there three wires within that cable that I can connect to the red, black and green wires on the throttle I bought?  I'd rather not start hacking into things without knowing.  I chatted with Gary on golden motor Canada and he says the kit throttle cable has three wires but he asked me to ask the forum to see if anyone has done something like this.