Author Topic: cycle analyst speedometer + Magic Pie III  (Read 4419 times)

Offline Shane

• Confirmed
cycle analyst speedometer + Magic Pie III
« on: November 11, 2017, 06:12:02 PM »
Hi!
Has anyone succeeded in mounting the speedo wire and magnet for the cycle analyst v3. I have a CA3 and Magic Pie 3 back wheel. I am having trouble working out how I can have 6 mm highest distance between the magnet and speed sensor (to be mounted on the rear frame of my recumbent. I have a mag wheel without the conventional spokes.  :-\

Help appreciated

Shane

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: cycle analyst speedometer + Magic Pie III
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 01:03:49 AM »
Hi Shane,

Can you post some close up pictures of the frame and disc mounting area so we can see what space is available for mounting the sensor.

If you have a brake disc attached, it should be possible to glue a suitable magnet directly to one of the spokes on the brake disc and then fabricate a bracket to mount the sensor and then clamp the bracket onto the chainstay or under a brake caliper mounting bolt etc.

Alan

Offline Shane

• Confirmed
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 09:29:05 AM »
Hi Alan,
I had also thought about glueing the magnet but not sure what glue I should use. Suggestions? I do not currently have a brake disc and I will create a photo later on today.

A bracket will almost certainly have to be constructed.

Shane

Offline Shane

• Confirmed
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2017, 12:26:03 PM »
Hi Shane,

Can you post some close up pictures of the frame and disc mounting area so we can see what space is available for mounting the sensor.

If you have a brake disc attached, it should be possible to glue a suitable magnet directly to one of the spokes on the brake disc and then fabricate a bracket to mount the sensor and then clamp the bracket onto the chainstay or under a brake caliper mounting bolt etc.

Alan

Thanks Alan,
I had not thought about placing the magnet + sensor on the left side of the wheel. Here are the approximate measurements:

right hand side distance between frame and wheel rim:
about 4 cm

left hand side distance between frame and middle if wheel:
about 3.5com

left hand side distance between frame and center of wheel:
about 1½cm

I suppose I would have to make some adjustment to the configuration of the cycle analyst depending on where I placed the magnet + sensor?

best regards
Shane

Offline Shane

• Confirmed
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 03:58:44 PM by Shane »

Offline Shane

• Confirmed
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2018, 09:49:25 PM »
The parts above fit well. I just need to wait until I get may battery and chain stay in order  ;D