Author Topic: New Magic Pie 5 'stuttering' but not turning  (Read 3309 times)

Offline Schoey

• Confirmed
New Magic Pie 5 'stuttering' but not turning
« on: November 05, 2017, 12:31:55 AM »
I'm having some major issues with my Magic Pie, It's stuttering for want of a better word. When I turn the throttle it just stays still but hums a bit and looks like it's fighting itself to spin one way or the other but won't move.

This is a brand new conversion so it's never worked/been damaged/got wet etc. Any ideas? I've previously done 2 other hub installs which ended up practically plug and play so this one's really getting to me  :-\

Quick clip of what is happening:

http://www.youtube.com/znDcpEt4PDk
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 11:27:42 PM by Bikemad »

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: New Magic Pie 5 'stuttering' but not turning
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2017, 11:52:22 PM »
Hi Grant andto the forum.

I have just been looking at your other video with the controller removed and it looks like the Blue and Green Phase wires have been transposed.

This is the way I would expect them to be connected:

Swap them over and see if it cures the problem, but be very careful applying the throttle as it will quickly spin the axle and could damage the wires if it responds correctly with too much throttle.  ;)

Alan

Offline Schoey

• Confirmed
Re: New Magic Pie 5 'stuttering' but not turning
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2017, 03:14:58 AM »
Hi Alan,

Thanks for the tip, a GM rep had replied with the same info in the meantime after going back and forth on other ideas for a week or so. Turns out you are both spot on  ;D I have no idea how they were swapped, I'm sure I didn't have them off myself but won't go putting blame on GM factory, it's all good now.  :D