Author Topic: Smart Pie questions  (Read 3368 times)

Offline Knowlsey

• Confirmed
Smart Pie questions
« on: August 07, 2017, 10:30:42 PM »
do the Smart Pie 4 and Smart Pie 5 both take allow for a disc brake on the rear hub along with a 7 speed , have purchased the bike, and a battery on rear rack that I have welded some brackets to fit my mountain bike as it wasnt really made for it, but I am in a head shake moment as I cant decide what motor to use, Smart Pie keeps coming up trumps as it discreet as thats what I want, I don't want major power in th UK as I want to use this sensibly, I want a rear hub motor as they are pretty stealth looking and since I have purchased  panniers to go over the rear battery you wont be able to tell its electric, as long as I don't have a monty python moment and speed past the local copper at 30mph with feet on bars lol

oh and what are the differences between 4 and 5 apart from bluetooth

and any chance of confirming if I eventually make my mind up and purchase the Smart Pie, until then just keep me as I am

cheers
Darren
a human
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 10:34:44 PM by knowlsey »

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Smart Pie questions
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2017, 11:02:03 PM »
Hi Darren andto the forum.

All of the Smart Pies are suitable for use with a disc brake, and a rear Smart Pie should fit most frames, even when equipped with a 7 speed thread-on freewheel (they don't accept splined cassettes).

The only difference between the Smart pie 4 and 5 is the Bluetooth capability of the Smart Pie 5.

You are already confirmed, regardless of whether you decide to purchase a Smart Pie or not.  ;)

Whereabouts in the UK are you located?

Alan

Offline Knowlsey

• Confirmed
Re: Smart Pie questions
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2017, 11:58:26 PM »
chester le street county durham