Author Topic: PAS Ratio/Acceleration Settings  (Read 5445 times)

Offline OldManTomahawk

• Confirmed
PAS Ratio/Acceleration Settings
« on: July 22, 2016, 03:14:48 PM »
Spent the morning trying to get the right combination of settings to have the Assist kick in without having to peddle like crazy and have the surge cut to a minimum.  I ended up with the PAS Ratio at 75 and the Acceleration at 40.  For the first time it seems that the motor/controller was heating a little bit.  What, in everyone's experience, are the best setting to get 'kick in' at a crank speed of about 45 per minute or so and where can the Acceleration be set to minimize the surging.  I just need some guidance as to riding comfort and not damage the components.  Of interest to some (I guess) we road 15 miles yesterday with several (4) short steep climbs and only one 'down hill' and she consumed only .9 of volt with a lot of peddling and hardly any 'peddle assist' due to needing to have the 'feet flying'.  Loving this 'GoldenMotor Edge', and each time we work through an issue I am loving it more!!!  (None of the issues are really problems, just 'how to' issues. Tom

Offline OldManTomahawk

• Confirmed
PAS/Acceleration Settings
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2016, 02:41:13 PM »
Still wondering if there are any limits on these setting? Please see previous post and advise. Thanks Tom

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: PAS Ratio/Acceleration Settings
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2016, 10:58:11 PM »
Hi Tom,

The maximum limits for all the parameters are as shown below:

The "Decel level 1 (rpm)" setting is actually the maximum speed setting for reverse.  ::)
You may find your "Maximum Forward speed (rpm)" is limited to 380 rpm depending upon the controller and the software version.

If you try to enter a value that exceeds the controllers available settings it will simply be rejected (it will not harm the controller or motor).

Alan

P.S. If you post new topics in the relevant category on the forum, you are more likely to receive a response.  ;)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 04:22:46 PM by Bikemad »