Author Topic: Boost setting in the controller configuration?  (Read 4816 times)

Offline Rayhaque

• Confirmed
    • My Zap Urbee Sightseeing Thing Blog
Boost setting in the controller configuration?
« on: April 25, 2016, 07:05:29 PM »
Can anyone explain the "boost" settings in the controller configuration (using the programming software for the VEC300 and a USB cable).

First... what does it do? Is this sort of an over-voltage for a shortened period of time (looks like 20 seconds by default)? Second, if I set it to "automatic" when would it actually kick into gear?  And then what does the amperage mean? It's set to 200a by default for a 300a controller.  I am reluctant to fool around with it as I fear burning something out.

Also I think I answered my own question on this ... I installed a Golden motor and controller to an existing vehicle and did not change out the pedal. It seems if I step down to take off a little too fast, the motor cuts off and leaves me in the street. After a second or two I can try again and pull away a little slower. But it seems like if I put the pedal to the metal, the motor stalls.

Is this because my non-Golden Motor throttle is sending a *full* 5v (or more than 4v)? On my last trip I went in and set the high mark on the throttle from 4.0 up to 4.8 (the max) and I didn't have any stalls, so perhaps I fixed this already.