Author Topic: Magic pie Edge question  (Read 3369 times)

Offline Klatuu

• Confirmed
Magic pie Edge question
« on: April 08, 2016, 08:05:00 PM »
Recently got a MP Edge from GM Canada.  It came with a cruise control button that also has a horn button underneath it.  Is this horn supposed to work? Is there supposed to be a beeper in the motor?  I also see in the manual a description of how to use the beeps to diagnose different problems and turn on a "limp home mode" so that you can substitute the cruise button for the throttle.  Does anyone know it any of this works with the Edge? Also it talks about being able to still get the motor to run in case of hall sensor failure.  I would love to know if this is true.

Offline Sam.Vanratt

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
Re: Magic Pie Edge question
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2016, 06:09:40 AM »
Hi
the switch can actually trigger a relais which in turn triggers a horn of some sort. The Switch can only give you about 100mA at full Battery Vcc so a relay have to enable the real juice. I use the switch as additional brake lever.
In my (defective controller... 3 times now in about 30 month) cases I never used the function as motor was dead after each (1=accelerate with no throttle, 2=no reaction anymore, 3=sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't)  failure (but I've two MP3s and one is in constant usage). Currently I've an open ticket again, as the new controller seems to have a problem with regenerative braking and after the current issue I guess I switch for convinience to an external controller with a bit more reliability :-(

Alan from GM Ca is surely able to tell you more about it.
Cheers
Sam