Author Topic: Error of work of PAS system on Smart Pie 4! Need help  (Read 8949 times)

Offline Wadimka

• Confirmed
Error of work of PAS system on Smart Pie 4! Need help
« on: July 01, 2015, 09:34:06 AM »
 Hello!

I have such problem:

1. The LCD BAC-601 display when pressing buttons of the switch displays the following modes:

a) ECO (0)
d) ECO (1)
c) ECO (2)
d) CITY (3)
e) CITY (4)
f) TOUR (5)

In the mode 0 the motor doesn't work
In the mode 1 REGENERATIVE braking joins!!!
In the modes 2-5 the motor turns on

2. In a start of motion (to the speed of 15-18 km/h) draft of the motor that appears that disappears. With a frequency up to 2 times a second. At the movement in a hill it in general does the movement very problematic.

That did:

I tried to change the PAS Ratio and Acceleration parameters from 10 to 100. Doesn't help. All other settings by default.

My Frog Style Battery Pack accumulator - 36V10AH
 The PAS sensor is installed as it is necessary (see a photo)

* When using Integrated Twist Throttle no problems are present! The engine works evenly!

« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 11:38:13 AM by Wadimka »

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Error of work of PAS system on Smart Pie 4! Need help
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 09:22:06 PM »
Hi Wadimka andto the forum.

Check that the magnet ring is fitted with the arrow pointing in the direction of rotation:

Also make sure that it is running evenly so that the distances between each of the five magnets and the sensor unit are all equal.

It might be worth temporarily disconnecting the Smart LCD Display unit to see if the pedelec operation is still intermittent.

Using a bar magnet (or a compass) check that all of the five small magnets pressed into the plastic ring are all magnetically orientated the same way, as all exposed faces should either be attracted to the magnet (or be repelled by) it dependant upon which end is used.

I have the acceleration set to 70 and the PAS Ratio set to 40 on my MP4 and there is a noticeable difference between the different levels, but I mainly use level 2 or 3 when I'm using pedelec or level 0 when I don't want any assistance.

Alan

« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 09:51:43 AM by Bikemad »

Offline Wadimka

• Confirmed
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2015, 11:30:22 AM »
Hello!

1. The disk with magnets rotates in the direction specified by shooters
2. All magnets on a place
3. If to switch off the  LCD display breakthroughs in the movement remain
4. If to activate the mode "1", the mode of BRAKING but not acceleration joins. At inclusion of the mode "2" I receive still bigger braking! And advance begins only with the mode "3". It unless is normal?!?It seems to me that it can't be connected with any incorrect settings any more.... (
5. This is my setting: http://clip2net.com/s/3kkE77c

Question: I live in Paris. Whether there is your any dealer or service here? I consider that the new thing which costs 1100+ euro has to work and work well! Without check of polarity of magnets, etc. I consider that for such money the product has to be qualitative. And not to demand repair and analysis right after purchase. And I received the motor less than a month ago. Let experts will look at the motor and will solve in what a problem. I simply on it have no time.

Once again I write: when using the handle of gas everything works normally! A problem only in the PAS mode. But this that the mode is also necessary to me! I don't want to put the gas handle at all.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 12:55:41 PM by Wadimka »

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2015, 11:02:15 PM »
Question: I live in Paris. Whether there is your any dealer or service here?

Cycloboost (France HQ)
7 RUE DE MIREPORT
33310 LORMONT
FRANCE
Tel: +33972215263
Email:contact@cycloboost.com

If it is still intermittent with the Display unit disconnected it must be either the pedelec sensor or the controller.

I don't know if Cycloboost will be able to help if you did not purchase the kit from them, but it might be worth a try.

Alan

Offline Wadimka

• Confirmed
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2015, 06:35:18 AM »
Thanks!

When I was going to buy kit, saw them. But they havent SmartPie, only MagicPie. But I wanted to buy SmartPie4.  Therefore bought from you. But... it appeared later that on the site of Goldenmotors the price of delivery is specified WITHOUT customs payments. And I had to pay 200 more euros. It became known at the delivery of Fedex. Total to me the whale cost 1160 euros. And now  doesn't work. It's cool... (((I will call dealers today but even if will agree to help, I don't know as it to organize.

To them to drive the car of 5 hours to one way :(((
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 08:31:41 AM by Wadimka »

Offline Wadimka

• Confirmed
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2015, 04:25:28 PM »
1. The dealer didn't respond to my letter
2. I uploaded video of the problem here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yc-bNVlwzNY

During shooting I go to a hill and I twist pedals  EVENLY. It is visible that in the right bottom corner value of power constantly jumps with 0 to 500-600W. I.e. it is visible that the motor that works that doesn't work.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 04:27:50 PM by Wadimka »

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2015, 01:38:15 PM »
I have just been watching your video and I noticed that there was an "E65" displayed instead of the Watts at the 19~21 second position (see attached screenshot).

I still don't know whether the fault is due to the pedelec sensor/magnet ring or the controller itself, but it can't be the display unit if the pedelec power is still pulsing on and off when the display unit is completely disconnected.

If you purchased the kit from goldenmotor.com I suggest you email a link to your video to David at GoldenMotor China and ask him to read this forum thread.

Alan

« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 10:45:08 PM by Bikemad »

Offline Wadimka

• Confirmed
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2015, 05:00:17 AM »
Hello!
Thanks Alan for councils! I made as you told. I wrote to David.

And the error of E95 appears when you press the brake handle. The same problem is described in the next topic: http://goldenmotor.com/SMF/index.php?topic=5526.0 and in this: http://goldenmotor.com/SMF/index.php?topic=5655.0
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 05:03:55 AM by Wadimka »

Offline WestOz

• Confirmed
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2015, 09:23:32 AM »
Wadimka,

Did you solve your PAS problem?  I seem to have the same issue.  No PAS in 1 to 3, PAS in 4 but goes on and off.  So it looks very similar.

Offline Wadimka

• Confirmed
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2015, 03:14:27 PM »
Hello!

Unfortunately except council to try to reinstall once again the PAS sensor I more from Golden Motors heard nothing ( I did it twice and sent photos in Golden Motors) . And 2 months I can't normally use the motor for which paid 1100+ euros.
  Besides, that the LCD modes incorrectly work, I have continuous breakthroughs when pedalling. Sometimes in general for 2-3 seconds the motor is  switched off. That at the movement uphill - does a driving almost impossible. At rise breakthroughs sometimes especially frequent (to 2 times a second). But probably except me it isn't interesting to anybody.
 If in a week changes nothing, I will address to PayPal with the requirement of a refund.

Offline WestOz

• Confirmed
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2015, 12:51:40 AM »
Hi Wadimka,

I have noticed an issue with my BAC display and wondered if its related to our PAS issue.  Did you notice any error with the distance measured?

My BAC seemed to under measure my usual 22 km morning commute, so I tested it on a ride on the weekend to confirm.

The BAC shows 23.65 km
Garmin Running Watch shows 28.3km
SportyPal phone GPS app shows 28.2km

I have the tyre size set for 26" and I confirmed this using the tape measure method against a revolution of the wheel valve stem.  The other strange association with the under measured distance is that the BAC over measures the speed by about 1.5kph at 25 kph which would seem to contradict the under measured distance.

So is the BAC faulty OR is the way in which it picks up revolutions of the wheel faulty and thus the PAS system doesn't get correct pulse information which then results in the surge on and off in power that we get.

I will see if David has any thoughts?

Cheers,

WestOz

Offline Wadimka

• Confirmed
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2015, 02:33:50 PM »
Hello!

I don't think that it is connected between. You can easily check it.
 Simply you disconnect your BAC-601. And... you find out that exchanged nothing. Everything also the bicycle moves breakthroughs... (

p.s. I for $1100 (plus 200 euros duty) bought not the designer of LEGO, and a thing, ready to use. Also I don't wish to do its technical completion or repair.

Goldenmotor voluntary didn't want to return me money through PayPal and demanded that I wrote to them to some service of technical support. I wrote. The answer isn't present the fourth day. As usual))) (

Offline WestOz

• Confirmed
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2015, 03:49:57 AM »
Hi,

I don't think the BAC can be disconnected to test PAS as then you can't set the PAS on to any level of operation.

I also noted this morning on Level 5 PAS (I tried it just to see if it was any different, which it wasn't) that it started off at 450 Watts on the BAC display for 38 kph, then with each cycle down to 0 Watts and return of power the indicated Watts dropped (300, 200, 100 until it only went to 30 Watts) even though I was still pedalling the same (with more effort from me) and I was on a flat smooth bike path.

I don't know what this means but it may be another clue.

I am also waiting for a reply from David at Golden Motor on 3 emails I have sent him with updates to my investigation of the PAS problem.

It would also seem that very few, maybe only us, have the PAS pedalec system in use.  Which would explain why we don't have a solution already.

Cheers,

Offline Wadimka

• Confirmed
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2015, 08:24:16 AM »
Hi !

It might be worth temporarily disconnecting the Smart LCD Display unit to see if the pedelec operation is still intermittent.

Alan

If BAC-601 is disconnected, the PAS system works in some one mode. And she doesn't receive information on the speed of the movement of the bicycle, its diameter of wheels, etc. Because it is disconnected from the computer. Therefore - no hindrances from the outside can be. And if breakthroughs in the movement proceed, it is a product defects.

Offline WestOz

• Confirmed
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2015, 04:27:57 AM »
Ok this one needs help from someone who has a working PAS.  Alan, I think you do so please help with my understanding of how a working PAS operates.

David from Golden Motor tells me "Please understand what the PAS principle, it is only aux riding. when you ride your ebike on PAS mode, initial power is higher, because your speed is slow

but when you cycle speed faster and faster, the power will naturally become smaller and smaller. Theoretically, when your riding speed is over certain value, power will become zero, even it can feed back to battery..."

This is not how I understood the PAS to work.  While I understand the amount of assistance will limit at a pre-set point depending on the level selected (ie 1-5), it is my understanding (from my other eBike) that on any given PAS setting as one pedals faster the PAS adds more power to assist up to the limit of that level.  I don't think it adds in max power at slow speed that decreases as one pedals faster, as David indicates.  BUT my PAS doesn't work properly, in regard to either David's or my understanding as it surges back to 0 then up to some nominal power level (which appears to decrease with each surge cycle) even though the level setting and my peddling speed try to remain the same.

Looking for help with this one,

Thanks.