Author Topic: I'm in the UK and my new MPIII has stopped - Help  (Read 3184 times)

Offline Theumpt

• Confirmed
I'm in the UK and my new MPIII has stopped - Help
« on: May 02, 2014, 10:00:26 PM »
I purchased over a month ago a Dual Drive Sports EBike, by Golden Motor, from Alien Ocean bikes (http://www.alienbikes.co.uk/) who have since ceased trading! (its the warp drive one http://www.alienbikes.co.uk/page13.htm)

I rode my new bike shortly after it arrived in some light rain (loving it already, well until now anyway!).  When I parked up it started accelerating on its own with no one even near the bike!.  I quickly shut the power off and put it away.  The following day I rode it again, and intermittently the front wheel was locking and vibrating.  By the end of my journey the front and back wheels were powerless, infact the front was barely able to be rotated and when it does go around it is not smooth.

The horn, lights and power level light on throttle are all working. 

When I unplug the front wheel, the rear one works fine as it should.

What can I do?  Can anyone help?  It must still be covered by warranty but how can I get hold of Golden Motor?  Is it the controller?

I am so sad this has happened as I was loving my rides on this bike.

Hope someone can help.

Regards
JM

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: I'm in the UK and my new MPIII has stopped - Help
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2014, 12:46:01 PM »
Hi andto the forum.

I suggest you send an email to Philip Yao (sales@goldenmotor.com) and briefly explain your problem to him and see if GM China (or perhaps another local dealer?) will provide warranty cover in this instance.

It does sound like it might be a controller problem but I suggest you carefully check all connections for signs of water which may have initially caused the problem.

Alan

P.S. In which part of the UK do you live?

Offline Theumpt

• Confirmed
Re: I'm in the UK and my new MPIII has stopped - Help
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2014, 03:33:10 PM »
Great, thanks Alan will send the email now.

I just opened up the wheel and I think it looked like the Blue lead was disconnected.... this may have just falled off as I lifted the controller out but I will re assemble and test this weekend.

Would that cable disconnecting cause this sort of problem?

Im down in sunny Southampton.

Cheers

James