Author Topic: Install MagicPie III on Schwinn Meridia Trike Front?  (Read 3453 times)

Offline Triker

• Confirmed
Install MagicPie III on Schwinn Meridia Trike Front?
« on: October 10, 2012, 09:04:23 PM »
Hey All,
I'm Triker, a new member and this is my first post.  8)
I intend on installing a MagicPie 48v - 1kw front wheel setup on a new 26" Schwinn Meridia Trike.
I'd like to install the battery rack over the front wheel...?

Pls see the attached jpeg to see a screenshot of what I plan to order/install. Am I missing anything? Any insight, experience or advice?

Thanks in advance and great to be here!

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Install MagicPie III on Schwinn Meridia Trike Front?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, 01:07:43 AM »
Am I missing anything?

Hi Triker andto the forum.

There are two obvious things that I noticed were missing, the first of which is a letter "n" on the end of Meridia. :D

The second could be a bit more of a problem, as there does not seem to be a mounting bracket for the disc brake caliper assembly on any of the Meridian front forks I have seen. ::)

If yours is different to all the others, and has front forks able to receive the disc caliper, then you won't have a problem, but if it's the same, you may need to find another pair of suitable forks with the correct caliper mountings.

Front wheel drive on the trike might be a problem if you need to climb any steep hills, as the front wheel may spin very easily. Fitting the battery over the front wheel should make a considerable difference to the traction, but you'll have to wait and see how well it grips on a wet and slippery incline.

Gary (your supplier to be) mounted a battery on the front of one of his bikes, presumably to give better weight distribution:

Alan

« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 03:36:44 PM by Bikemad »