Author Topic: regen brake on horn button  (Read 6549 times)

Offline razor_harm

• Confirmed
regen brake on horn button
« on: June 30, 2012, 09:22:37 PM »
Hi all,

I have hydraulic brakes on my e-bike.
After reading some posts on this forum I decided to use the 'horn button' to control the regen brake.
I soldered the button to the brake wires and attached it to the plug labelled '1'.
This seems to work great, however, when I push the 'horn/brake' button, the regen brake is only applied for a very short moment. I actually have to press it multiple times to slow down. I did not expect this behavior. Is it normal? Is there a way to make the button work in such a way that I can press and hold the button, and the controller makes the motor slow down as long as the button is pressed?

Thanks for your help!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 10:19:58 PM by razor_harm »

Offline Morgen 3Eman

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
Re: regen brake on horn button
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 12:25:26 AM »
I have my horn button wired to use as a turn signal, and the light functions properly for as long as I hold the button down. 
I have juice brakes off an ATV on my front wheels, and they work great!  I kept one GM brake lever for regen control.  So I can brake with either regen or juice or both. 

However, I have noticed that my Pie in regen immediately pushes a pulse of current back into the battery, but if I hold the brake switch on for a while, it definitely  slows the Morgen for the entire time I have the switch closed. It just doesn't show the regen current on my ammeter.

TTFN,
Dennis

Offline razor_harm

• Confirmed
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 05:52:01 PM »
Could you maybe provide a picture on how you have assembled it on your steer handle bar?

Offline Jemen

• Confirmed
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 03:43:25 PM »
Hi !
I got one brake-handle as re-gen brake and parking-brake.
The other brake-handle is connected to disc, and it works very well.
30 % re-gen brake in setup.
Brakes hard first and little less as speed goes down.
I don't use disc-brake so often coz the re-gen brakes works so well.
Both handles are on same side. Re-gen handle is so soft and easy to use, don't need any force to brake.
Look  at my pics in flevo thread under mp3 forum.
Jemen out and b.....

Offline Morgen 3Eman

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2012, 04:28:14 AM »
Sorry it took me so long..Here are the photos you asked for.

The left handle bar has the green/red switches wired into my turn signals; red is right...  The GM brake handle engages regen braking only.  Not much to look at.  The right handle bar has the hydraulic brake assembly, the the other photo shows the heavy duty disc and caliper I have chosen.   It stops quite well now.  (Even with the fat owner driving)

TTFN,
Dennis

Offline Morgen 3Eman

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2012, 04:29:04 AM »
And the third photo....