Author Topic: USB Cable  (Read 6234 times)

Offline Kirk

• Confirmed
  • Its not bragging, if you can do it.
    • Cape Foulweather
USB Cable
« on: October 22, 2011, 02:57:28 PM »
I just received my Pro Kit, 20 in. 48V 1000W. Everything seems fine to the naked eye, except for the USB Cable. On the white plug end of the cable, all of the wires are inserted into the receptacle but the Black wire is cut, not frayed at the end of the insulation. Should I splice the Black wire as it is needed or leave it alone because it is not needed? Could someone please look at their cable and let me know.

TIA
Kirk
I WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR DAMAGE TO EQUIPMENT, YOUR EGO, COUNTY  WIDE POWER OUTAGES, BLOWN PARTS, SPONTANEOUSLY GENERATED MINI (OR LARGER) BLACK HOLES, PLANETARY DISRUPTIONS, OR PERSONAL  INJURY THAT MAY RESULT FROM THE USE OF ANYTHING I FIX OR SAY.

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
Re: USB Cable
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2011, 06:08:41 PM »
Hi Kirk,

Take a look at this video, is your issue related to this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAwifXskaIY

Gary

Offline Kirk

• Confirmed
  • Its not bragging, if you can do it.
    • Cape Foulweather
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2011, 02:06:42 AM »
No the Black wire I was talking about is on the other end (12 port connector) and from your video all of the wires should be connected. I thought that would be the case but you know what happens when you assume things. Its a clean cut at the end of the insulation housing. Near as I can figure the tech must have cut it when stripping the housing from the wires. It looked so intentional that it seemed prudent to ask. Really appreciated the video, it cleared everything up. Thanks!

Kirk

PS: I would have posted a pic but Flickr is giving me grief today.
I WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR DAMAGE TO EQUIPMENT, YOUR EGO, COUNTY  WIDE POWER OUTAGES, BLOWN PARTS, SPONTANEOUSLY GENERATED MINI (OR LARGER) BLACK HOLES, PLANETARY DISRUPTIONS, OR PERSONAL  INJURY THAT MAY RESULT FROM THE USE OF ANYTHING I FIX OR SAY.

Offline csm

• Confirmed
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2012, 12:41:20 AM »
PS: I would have posted a pic but Flickr is giving me grief today.

You can post the pics here as attachments.. tinypic.com is also very good alternative. here is pic of the Golden Motor USB cable (inside and both ends). If someon has the Magic Pie 3 cable. Please post pics. I am supposing it is identical to the Magic Pie 2?

Offline dallasdick

• Confirmed
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2012, 02:22:51 AM »
The MP III is not the same as the MP II.  I have an MP III cable and the 8 pin connector end is different from the MP II. Hope that's some help.