Author Topic: Sensor wiring  (Read 6972 times)

Offline fogoo

Sensor wiring
« on: October 01, 2008, 04:54:46 PM »
My sensor(s) shorted out and in the process of re-soldering the replacements the circuit board started to peel apart. Does anyone know where I can find a replacement, or does anyone have the schematics to build a new one. I don't trust the original to follow anymore.
Thanks

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Sensor wiring
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 09:31:18 PM »
My sensor(s) shorted out, the circuit board started to peel apart.

I'm interested how you can melt a board with less than 5 volts off a .2 amp wire?  not that I don't believe you but I think you have other issues than you shorting that board out?

Other than that I would wing it, improvise man..  use some stuff off the floor and experiment.  Wire the power up and the sensor wires glue them in.

Get a blank board from the electronics shop shape it to size.

The world is your oyster and its a good era to tinker.

Bring it on

Offline fogoo

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 11:44:02 PM »
My sensors shorted out because the bike fell over and the wires got smooshed. Seems to happen to alot of people here......the circuit board fell apart (the metal peeled off the plastic) when I was soldering in the new sensors, not the finest quality of components. Of course I'm going to probably have to make it myself....what I was asking for was a schematic of the circuits because I don't want to try to follow the wire paths on whats left of the circuit board.

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2008, 11:56:38 PM »
My sensors shorted out because the bike fell over and the wires got smooshed. Seems to happen to alot of people here......the circuit board fell apart (the metal peeled off the plastic) when I was soldering in the new sensors, not the finest quality of components. Of course I'm going to probably have to make it myself....what I was asking for was a schematic of the circuits because I don't want to try to follow the wire paths on whats left of the circuit board.

And the bad part is you probably fried the new sensors too! lets hope your controller is good to mate..

The circuit board is dead.  I hate touching the things once they are soldered.

The parts you need help with as one leg + power and another is -power and the other is the sensor leg.

Im not sure if this is the same part but here is an idea of how it goes.  Maybe Lanchon or Pete or some of the others can correct me here.

The resistor is for the test, ingnore it.  But the red wires go on the positive (1), the black on the negative (2), on all three sensors and the green blue and yellow go onto each of the sensor legs seperately (3)

Ill do up a pic later with a circiut if you cant figure this out...

Im sure youll figure it out from here.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 12:05:29 AM by Smeee »

Bring it on

Offline Nicobie

• Confirmed
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2008, 02:16:36 AM »

And the bad part is you probably fried the new sensors too! lets hope your controller is good to mate..

Pics pls. I have one that I'd like to put out for breeding too.

Please show how you breed them. I need 10.

:P :P :P