Author Topic: All GM buyers are crazy man.......  (Read 6339 times)

Offline Spacelander 1946

• Confirmed
    • Home Page
All GM buyers are crazy man.......
« on: September 13, 2008, 05:44:49 AM »
All GM buyers are crazy man....(except you and me and I am still not so sure about you!)......I have been riding my 500W MTB with 36V 10AH LIFEPO4 battery pack for two weeks now.....Considering my total outlay $1,800AUD. I am very dissapointed with the top end performace/torque power/hillclimbing ability. My previous E-ZIP Bike with 250W 24V SLA battery chain drive bike delivered similar performance for far less than quarter the cost ($300AUD K-Mart Special) Is it just me?....I wish now I had gone for the 900W 36V CYCLONE chain dive kit with my LIFEPO4 pack......OHH hummmmmmm. (see both bike pic's)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 06:29:56 AM by Spacelander 1946 »
Rue de Morgue: www.suicidegirls.com

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
Re: All GM buyers are crazy man.......
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2008, 11:47:19 AM »
I bought 3x Kmart 24v dyno BMX bikes for $135 each.  They rocked until the Sla's upped and died.  The one charger cord failed and blew one bike up the kids blew all the chargers up on that bike.  A real mess in the end... The charger cord was made from a three pin mic plug which was bound to fail...

Hey if the e,zip was so good why did you buy the GM...  The GM looks much better.  And what was wrong with the Ezip in the first place..

There is an aussie guy online who sells 36v brushed controllers that do a good overvolt to those motors.  I repaired 1 dyno BMX and plan on fixing the rest...  27 kph and these bugger can hit a full height gutter with a full load and keep rolling.  The brushes die and I priced 4 for $100 at the auto shop...  You can pick up those motors for a song now....

The Curry Dyno BMX originally retailed at $599 and no its not just you we got a real Kmart special too.  You wont buy Ezip anywhere for $300 except for those special days at Kmart :D...
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 11:57:05 AM by Smeee »

Bring it on

Offline Spacelander 1946

• Confirmed
    • Home Page
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2008, 10:05:56 PM »
Yes I agree, the only problem wiyh the E-Zip's were the SLA batteries. If I still had the bike I would have slapped on my 36V LIFEPO4 battery they can take the extra overcharing no problem.Cheers.....
Rue de Morgue: www.suicidegirls.com

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2008, 10:26:17 PM »
Yes I agree, the only problem wiyh the E-Zip's were the SLA batteries. If I still had the bike I would have slapped on my 36V LIFEPO4 battery they can take the extra overcharing no problem.Cheers.....

Lifepo4's are the pricey item on the list here...  And the basic gm bike is prolly a lot better than the average kmart bike, lol, a Kmart Huffy compared to a well made bike shop Giant.  You can skimp like me but you gunna get the problems like me.  Eg I'm using 15 kg 18 ah SLA tied to my frame with inner tubes and Ive found it a real problem finding a stand to keep the bike up.  Im gunna get one of those trailers and put a load of batts in it.

Bring it on