Author Topic: Questions for new Proyect.  (Read 3201 times)

Offline CamiloChile

• Confirmed
Questions for new Proyect.
« on: August 01, 2011, 12:38:13 AM »
I need to know the differences of a motor with internal and external controller driver, or if I can connect the accelerator pedal to an engine so ..
 I have the idea of bringing a 1000W motor power 20 "
 buy the best option here? or is it better to buy on ebay?
 Kits come with regenerative braking?
 The delay could be about here in Chile?
 greetings! I hope your answers because I want to buy this week.

http://www.youtube.com/user/VesOneV2#p/a/u/0/A41rBef1QLA

Offline MonkeyMagic

• Cheeky Chimp
  • Technical Officer
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Questions for new Proyect.
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 04:27:08 AM »
Hello !

If it's for a solar car, is there any pedal assistance? If so, I would choose the Mini Motor for the freewheel ability.

If no pedalling, and want to use like a light car, then Magic Pie with internal controller on a lightweight 20" wheel would be a good choice. But if the car weighs more than 100Kg + the driver you will need 2 of them if there is any hills

It will not be 1000W, more so around 800W Max, Yes - you can connect the pedal throttle to any of the brushless controllers.

Offline CamiloChile

• Confirmed
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 12:46:42 PM »
Hello !

If it's for a solar car, is there any pedal assistance? If so, I would choose the Mini Motor for the freewheel ability.

If no pedalling, and want to use like a light car, then Magic Pie with internal controller on a lightweight 20" wheel would be a good choice. But if the car weighs more than 100Kg + the driver you will need 2 of them if there is any hills

It will not be 1000W, more so around 800W Max, Yes - you can connect the pedal throttle to any of the brushless controllers.

Vehicle has pedals and weighs 70 kgs.
 I thought about buying a Magic Pie 20 "1000w
 I do not want to connect the pedal.

Consultation.
 Kits include regenerative brake controller?
 Top speed?
 USB cable difference between internal and external USB cable.
 and between internal and external controller, besides the weight

Offline MonkeyMagic

• Cheeky Chimp
  • Technical Officer
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 01:00:59 PM »
Hello !

Top speed on 20" Magic Pie internal or external controller is around 25km/h 24v, 32km/h 36v and around 40km/h 48v battery

There is not much difference between the internal or external controller. The external controller would be more suitable for continous regen braking, and ability to cool it better too. No difference in the USB connection.

If anything, I would choose external controller so you have some options should you need to change :)