Author Topic: looking for battery cable for internal mp.  (Read 5571 times)

Offline gm nooby

• Confirmed
looking for battery cable for internal mp.
« on: June 12, 2011, 08:42:20 PM »
hi everyone,i just bought a Magic Pie-virgin- and think I probably should cut off the factory pluggin for the battery.unless I can find a used one on here 8).thanks.any suggestions?

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: looking for battery cable for internal mp.
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2011, 09:44:21 PM »
The part you require is an SAE 2 pin connector:

These might not be easy to get hold of locally with suitable 10 or 12 gauge wire.

Separate male and female bullet connectors is another option you may want to consider without having to remove the original connector.

Another option would be to replace the original connector with a couple of these HXT 4mm Gold Connectors:

or these "Dean" type connectors:

Alan

Offline gm nooby

• Confirmed
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2011, 09:52:23 PM »
thanks Alan for replying,i would buy the sae connector,but then I would have to make another connector.my battery is in front, in a basket and have a rear internal mp.do you have any longer than a foot? :)

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2011, 10:32:48 PM »
Whatever connectors you decide to use, you will probably need to add some additional wires to reach a front mounted battery pack.

The original battery wire on my rear Pie was about 24" long and I added "Deans" type connectors to enable a watt meter to be connected between the power lead and my pannier mounted battery pack:

Alan

« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 03:08:43 PM by Bikemad »