Author Topic: DO NOT MOD SHUNT IN MAGIC PIE OR EXTERNAL MAGIC CONTROLLER!!!!!  (Read 3889 times)

Offline o00scorpion00o

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
Hi Guys,

I guess some of you have read my Magic Pie thread by now and those of you who have and have not learned anything by it, here is some advice!

DO NOT MOD THE SHUNT IN YOUR PIE OR EXTERNAL MAGIC CONTROLLER!!!!!

Okay have I made that clear?  ;D

GM have done a good job with the Magic Pie motor and it will last many years if left at factory settings. I tested it with an infineon 40 amp controller for around 1500 miles and it was still perfect when I sold it!

The internal controller and external magic controller is just not designed for more than stock use, so please read my thread and this one and learn from my misfortunes lol  ;D you are only wasting money.

The Magic Pie is a very powerful hill climber at 40 amps, at 80 amps it's just insane but  I have not done any long term tests at 80 amps because I fried one of many controllers!

If you want power buy the Pie with external controller option, and buy an infineon or Kelly controller and please buy batteries rated for the current also, at these power levels you are talking LiPo or very expensive LiFeP04 batteries!

Mark