Author Topic: Brake disk possible on front Magic Pie ?  (Read 3800 times)

Offline Lionelt

• Confirmed
Brake disk possible on front Magic Pie ?
« on: March 07, 2011, 10:00:20 PM »
hi,

I've lot of questions to GM staff

is it possible to use Brake disk (GM kit) with Front Magic pie 26'' ? (can fix it without modification ?)

Also, what is the controller model provided with Magic Pie external controller PI-200E or BAC282P ?

I want to use with your 48V12AH battery so does BAC 282P is better (more amps) ?

Thanks and regards
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 10:03:19 PM by lionelt »

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Brake disk possible on front Magic Pie ?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 12:21:31 AM »
hi,

I've lot of questions to GM staff

is it possible to use Brake disk (GM kit) with Front Magic pie 26'' ? (can fix it without modification ?)

Also, what is the controller model provided with Magic Pie external controller PI-200E or BAC282P ?

I want to use with your 48V12AH battery so does BAC 282P is better (more amps) ?

Thanks and regards

Hi lionelt

If your bike is designed for disk brakes or already has disk brakes then most likely disk brakes on a Magic Pie will work.  I don’t recall anyone ever posting that disk brakes didn’t work for them. Many have had to do shimming with washers on the disk or the actuator but all have had success.

The PI-200E is the external USB programming cable and the BAC282P is a programmable external controller. They work together.

There was a time when there were BAC280 (24v), BAC281 (36v) and BAC282 (48v) controllers. They were all the same but left the factory programmed to the correct voltage required by the customer. Now since there are USB cables available to the customer they can do the settings themselves. I think it’s now called the BAC282P now so you know it is a programmable controller up to 48 volts.

If you want more amps you run a 48 volt battery on the controller set at 24 volts. Why this works I cannot explain, but it is the result of many who have tried it here in the forum. Some still though have found no difference in the power between 24v and 48v but most have.

Hope this helps.
Gary

Offline Lionelt

• Confirmed
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 10:02:01 PM »
thanks Gary for all your quick replies !

Now I know what i'll buy. On you CA web site, I can specify the Cruise Controler, and not on China. Does Magic Pie External have cruise mode or is it another controller ?

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2011, 11:40:21 PM »
Hi lionelt

The replys are no problem. This is a very freindly forum with many knowledgable people. I think I just got to it first, otherwise others would have answered. About the controller, it is my belief that the same controller is used for both internal and external Magic Pies. The internal is cicuit board only and the external is in an aluminum case. They both seem to behave the same and are able to be programmed the same.

Gary