Author Topic: Magic pie external controller)  (Read 3645 times)

Offline Sundsvall

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
  • N 62° 23', E 17° 19'
Magic pie external controller)
« on: November 14, 2010, 05:02:14 PM »
From my personal messages:
Hello, I read about your bikes on the GM Forum and I would like to put a question to you, do you know if it´s possible to run the existing external controller for the Magic Pie ( I recently bought a 20" wheel for a minibike and alas it´s seems giving not 1000 watts as promised but around 700) on a higher voltage, I am thinking of purchasing a Ping battery 60 volts instead of my GM 48 v battery. Do you think the controller will take the fully charged battery, maybe 65 volts? Another possibility that Scorpion has mentioned in this forum is purchasing another controller for example the Infineon 40 amp controller. The problem there is getting all the wiring right.  Do you have any idea?
Regards Gunrei.

Hello gunrei

First of all, try to use the forum for your questions as you most likely will get better answers.

As I understand it, you can’t use a 60 volt battery pack because the capacitors will burn.

The 700 w is because GM has limited their controller due to heat problems and therefore can’t deliver enough current. I myself have bought the 40 A Infineon controller suggested by Scorpion and the wiring was no problem at all.

Peter
Midsummer sun = up 02:54   down 22:51   angle 51,0° :)
Midwinter sun =    up 09:19   down14:18   angle 4,2° :(
Mean annual temperature = 3,1°C

gunrei

Re: Magic pie external controller)
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2010, 07:09:12 PM »
Thankyou Peter for your advise,  I think I will consider the Infineon controller after all. Gunrei