Author Topic: Americas 2011 - Open Invitation  (Read 7156 times)

Offline Vizoo

• Oficial website of the 3 Americas Jeep Expedition
Americas 2011 - Open Invitation
« on: October 27, 2010, 11:14:51 PM »
Hi there,

My son and I will endure this expedition across the three americas next year.

We will departure from Miami in June 2011 and this post is to show you guys our route and details and to make an open invitation to everyone willing to be part of it in some way...

If you want to meet us on the way;
If you want to come along part of the way;
If you want take us along with your buddies for a local ride;

Just send us an email so can add you to our list, and we will be in touch! You have plenty of time to find a good excuse to join us :-)

The link to the Expedition Main Page is here: http://www.joa150.com.br/americas2011

Renato Costanzo
americas2011@yahoo.com

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Americas 2011 - Open Invitation
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 02:31:19 AM »
Hi Renato andto the forum.

I've just been having a quick look around your website, and it appears that you have been doing a lot of research into this trip of a lifetime (or more likely, one of many trips to come in your case).
I'm curious as to why you have chosen the Dual Pie mountain bikes for parts of this expedition, was it the additional torque or was the two wheel drive a specific requirement?

I did a 1000 mile round trip in the car two weekends ago, on nice smooth motorways averaging a good 70mph most of the time, and that seemed to take forever. I can't begin to imagine what an 8 month expedition, covering over 25,000 miles would be like, so I'm not even going to try.

I must say that you've certainly set yourselves a very ambitious challenge, and I hope your adventure goes pretty much according to plan without too many problems. Is this trip being done purely for fun and excitement, or are you also planning to raise money for charities at the same time?

Regarding the open invitation, I'm afraid I will have to decline, as it's a tiny bit too far for me to travel, but I do wish you, and Renato Jr, the very best of luck with this mammoth undertaking, and I hope you will be able to keep us updated with your progress.

I would suggest you also post the details on Endless-Sphere as I suspect there will be members there who would love to accept your invitation.

I look forward to hearing more about this unusual adventure in the future.

Alan

« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 09:03:16 PM by Bikemad »

Offline Andrew

• AKA The Artful Bodger
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
  • I'm here to learn.
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 10:01:53 PM »
Absolutely awesome. It's inspiring just knowing there people out there motivated to take on such challenges

Good Luck and Godspeed
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 10:04:07 PM by Andrew »

Offline Vizoo

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2010, 10:17:18 PM »
Hi Renato andto the forum.

Thank you !!  And sorry for the delay, I've been really busy on the last couple of months.

I've just been having a quick look around your website, and it appears that you have been doing a lot of research into this trip of a lifetime

Yes, I am not new to car trips, but this one requires a lot of planning. If you care to see some of the others, I have some maps with the routes in:  www.joa150.com.br/trips

I'm curious as to why you have chosen the Dual Pie mountain bikes for parts of this expedition, was it the additional torque or was the two wheel drive a specific requirement?

Mostly for the additional torque. I plan to do a lot of off road trails with it, my idea is to have an extra set of batteries and go as far as I can with one and have the spare to come back to the car by the end of the day. This is one of the reasons why I think it would be a good opportunity to make an extensite test drive on these bikes, also it would be good for the marketing guys to have pictures of it in places like Alaska, Atacama desert, Titicaca Lake and so on...

I can't begin to imagine what an 8 month expedition, covering over 25,000 miles would be like

Well..  One day after the other  :)

Is this trip being done purely for fun and excitement, or are you also planning to raise money for charities at the same time?

This trip is self funded and I don't plan to raise any money. I always do charities in my trips, distributing clothes, food and toys. You can see some wonderful pictures of the kids in the end of the page of my trip in october 2009, the address is long so I will place a link: http://acromerreca-rio.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2009-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-02%3A00&updated-max=2010-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-02%3A00&max-results=31
As I am also a rally pilot, I love to have my car full of stickers and even not raising money, I know some companies will gladly give products in exchange for visibility. I am offering this to the companies that have parts that interest me, like winches, air compressors, bumpers, electric bikes!!   ;D

Regarding the open invitation, I'm afraid I will have to decline, as it's a tiny bit too far for me to travel, but I do wish you, and Renato Jr, the very best of luck

Thanks, and keep in mind that the invitation can be for just a couple of hundred miles, my plan is to have many people joining and leaving the trip during the path, it will be an exelente material for the book.

I look forward to hearing more about this unusual adventure in the future.

I have just finished to update the main page in spanish and portuguese, french is 90% done, so feel free to sread the word!   :)

Regards,

Renato
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 09:03:35 PM by Bikemad »

Offline Vizoo

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2010, 10:19:09 PM »
Absolutely awesome. It's inspiring just knowing there people out there motivated to take on such challenges

Good Luck and Godspeed

Thanks!!!

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2010, 05:07:45 PM »
My deepest apology.

I have been rallying for Wikileaks.  I like to research things before I go into things.  I had the misfortune to see and learn things I did not like to see or learn.

It made me upset and I came here and saw this and lashed out.

I wish you the best for your journey across the Americas.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 02:17:37 PM by 317537 »

Bring it on

Offline Vizoo

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2010, 03:56:00 PM »
My deepest apology.

I have been rallying for Wikileaks.  I like to research things before I go into things.  I had the misfortune to see and learn things I did not like to see or learn.

It made me upset and I came here and saw this and lashed out.

I wish you the best for your journey across the Americas.

Sorry.  Don't know what are you talking about...  Care to explain?

Offline Andrew

• AKA The Artful Bodger
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
  • I'm here to learn.
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2010, 09:35:27 AM »
i think leslie has posted this in the wrong thread  :D :D