Author Topic: To Drop ship or not to Drop ship.  (Read 6327 times)

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
To Drop ship or not to Drop ship.
« on: August 12, 2010, 07:25:46 AM »
Ive had a snag,  Gary Silo at GM Canada has spent a good part of two days trying to shrink my package down by 3" to save me $600 for delivery.

He has made an offer to drop ship via GM china.  Or my money back.

I don't want my money back, I want my Pie.  :'(

I just saw one member here had his package sent back to GM by EMS only to be delivered via TNT,

I totally trust GM china packaging and products but I am inclined not to want EMS delivery.  Some of the stuff via EMS has made its delivery destination looking a bit worse for wear.

So I look up EMS reputation and it comes up very good. In fact almost perfect.

Ive asked Gary to maybe send the hubs without the rims but I don't want to ask any more for a purchase  that was already reduced on sale.

Communication with Gary after the exchange of cash has been good, I am not concerned about anything other than whether I can get my Pie.

Nothing is working out.  :(

Any ideas? some support, I don't know.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 07:29:20 AM by 317537 »

Bring it on

Offline Sundsvall

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
  • N 62° 23', E 17° 19'
Re: To Drop ship or not to Drop ship.
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2010, 07:53:11 AM »
Gary Silo at GM Canada has spent a good part of two days trying to shrink my package down by 3" to save me $600 for delivery.

What are the maximum allowed measurements on the package?

Peter
Midsummer sun = up 02:54   down 22:51   angle 51,0° :)
Midwinter sun =    up 09:19   down14:18   angle 4,2° :(
Mean annual temperature = 3,1°C

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010, 08:30:25 AM »
Thanks for the reply.

3" smaller than my package.  :-\

I don't know, Garr tells me if I wanted a 24" wheel it would be all good.

I need to wait for his next reply.  Im sure he will wave some GM Canada Magic wand make it work.  I don't want anything more than anyone else.  He is fine in emails but I sense he has done everything possible except removing the rim.

A lot goes into putting kits together.  If the package is the right size then things can go smoother making the sale worth ones efforts.

I'll take a Pie with no rim and just spokes but that can be a lot to do and be problematic if he doesn't have a Pie with no rim.

Leslie.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 01:50:40 AM by 317537 »

Bring it on

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2010, 11:43:30 AM »
Gary from GM Canada is going to try again, Ive given him some scope to get me my gear, he is going to dismantle it and send it in three different parcels.

I will make offer to pay any more expense. Retail and customer relation should be in my mind a two way street.

Just as Gary is a good retailer I should be a good customer.

The last email has made me feel so much warmer about the problem with the package.  It will take a little longer though.

All my emails have been responded to in kind, and replies have been forth coming.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 01:50:12 AM by 317537 »

Bring it on

Offline Sundsvall

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
  • N 62° 23', E 17° 19'
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2010, 09:45:32 PM »
He seems to be a very good retailer and that kind of knowledge feels important to spread among us electric bike nerds. I’ve bought my CA from him and got both a confirmation mail and a mail when he shipped it.

I assume that the question regarding the size of the package is out of date now?

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2010, 01:26:48 AM »
He seems to be a very good retailer and that kind of knowledge feels important to spread among us electric bike nerds. I’ve bought my CA from him and got both a confirmation mail and a mail when he shipped it.

I assume that the question regarding the size of the package is out of date now?

Yes Gary is OK even though its going to take up to 6 weeks for my order to be completed, things like a picture of the delivery receipt and his trailer packed with the goods shipment made the bad news of delivery ETA easier to stomach,

The tracking is up so we can track this package.  Shouldn't see much in 4 to 6 weeks.  
I put too many restrictions for the delivery leaving Gary few options.  The choice of delivery company is very acceptable.

He threw in a cycle analyst for my troubles but I still feel I need to pay for it.  I don't like bargaining and stuff, but I will enjoy the CA, I like a set price and sale complete, sort of thing.  No more, no less, and no fuss sort of guy, I'm a little impatient in business.

Things like him waiting for a reply to get my battery voltages for the gauges was good.

I feel the things I have learned before I receive my motors will be IMO what will contribute to my success, and rather than lurk in despair while I await I will may good efforts to ensure my builds are sound.  

I get the feeling that this stuff will arrive via air in a week anyway but any optimism fades to the facts.  I'll give it a track in a few days and see.

This gives me plenty of time though,  I can build the new bike/s these two pies will go on.  

Edit:

« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 01:43:13 AM by 317537 »

Bring it on

Offline Sangesf

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2010, 10:56:16 PM »

Yes Gary is OK even though its going to take up to 6 weeks for my order to be completed, things like a picture of the delivery receipt and his trailer packed with the goods shipment made the bad news of delivery ETA easier to stomach,

The tracking is up so we can track this package.  Shouldn't see much in 4 to 6 weeks.  
I put too many restrictions for the delivery leaving Gary few options.  The choice of delivery company is very acceptable.

He threw in a cycle analyst for my troubles but I still feel I need to pay for it.  I don't like bargaining and stuff, but I will enjoy the CA, I like a set price and sale complete, sort of thing.  No more, no less, and no fuss sort of guy, I'm a little impatient in business.

Things like him waiting for a reply to get my battery voltages for the gauges was good.

I feel the things I have learned before I receive my motors will be IMO what will contribute to my success, and rather than lurk in despair while I await I will may good efforts to ensure my builds are sound.  

I get the feeling that this stuff will arrive via air in a week anyway but any optimism fades to the facts.  I'll give it a track in a few days and see.

This gives me plenty of time though,  I can build the new bike/s these two pies will go on.  

Edit:

Gary has helped me out once or twice and always comes through in the end.

Unfortunately, He's the Canadian dist. and i'm in the US.....

The one time I dealt with US dealer...   two weeks after getting my equipment, something went wrong and I couldn't get a hold of them, and their website stated that don't deal with GM products on their site any more.

Offline Sundsvall

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
  • N 62° 23', E 17° 19'
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2010, 06:24:10 PM »
Unfortunately, He's the Canadian dist. and i'm in the US.....

I’m in Sweden and have nothing against Canadians. ;D

I’ve ordered things for my new project from USA, Canada, England, China, Germany, Sweden and the project music from Australia and as far I’ve only been disappointed with the delivery from the USA. It wasn’t any huge disappointment though, because it was the bag I intended for the batteries and it was only possible to be ordered in a pair so I had a spare. Also the highest shipping cost is when I order from the USA.

Peter