Author Topic: GM Standard controllers for sale  (Read 6026 times)

Offline Lightning Shadow

GM Standard controllers for sale
« on: July 03, 2010, 02:10:53 AM »
I have 2 GM standard (non-regen) controllers for sale, new, unused. 15 fets, 48v 33A, I think they were rated by GM at 1000w continuous and peak at about 1600w.
They are surplus to my requirements now and aren't listed on the GM sales pages anymore.
They are also drop-in replacements for the black regen controllers.
$70 AUD each including registered postage within Australia, $60 USD for overseas destinations through paypal.
Reply here or send me a PM.
Rob.

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
Re: GM Standard controllers for sale
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2010, 03:57:46 AM »
If you put some pics up someone may get interested.

Is this the type that has regen but can be disabled via a pin short across a lead connector?

I am getting a pie and I already have a spare controller.  As tech support here I need to get a Magic controller and Pie to better understand how to help others.  So this sale doesnt interest me but its a fair deal in my books..

Bring it on

Offline Lightning Shadow

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2010, 05:34:51 AM »

This controller is the model without regen, supplied with GM HBS36 and HBS48 hub kits when a standard controller was specified as an option.
They have the same wiring color connection combination as the black throttle-controlled-regen model, minus the pink regen wires.
I have seen a lot of these controllers installed over a long period and have proved to be a good design.

Offline Lightning Shadow

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2010, 08:11:11 AM »
1 sold, 1 remaining

Offline muzza.au

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2010, 11:21:58 AM »
G'day Lightning Shadow,

Thanks, I got my controller today. Do you have any info on what connectors do what. Phase, hall, power and throttle are obvious, but what are the smaller black ones?

Muzza.au

Offline Lightning Shadow

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2010, 12:28:37 PM »
Hi Muzza,
I'm not really sure what they're for.

The attached GM regen wiring diagram gives a clue, the SM3 connector on it has the same red/black/green wires which are for the pedelec sensor.
The SM2 connector has a red/black wires which go to a low power device and a display panel.

In the standard GM wiring diagram they don't show the extra connectors.
I usually cut or remove the wires to get them out of the way.

Rob.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 12:50:35 PM by Lightning Shadow »

Offline Lightning Shadow

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2010, 09:35:27 AM »
I've found another wiring diagram, looks like the SM2 connector goes to a battery gauge.
I've had gauge for ages sitting in a box doing nothing, took it out and the connectors mate.
The gauge would only suited to 48v of lead batteries, it wouldn't give an accurate reading for lithium batteries.