Author Topic: Controller Connections  (Read 5327 times)

Offline oldbiker

• Confirmed
Controller Connections
« on: June 13, 2010, 06:00:23 AM »
Hi guys,
My GM kit (36V 750W front wheel) arrived and so I set about connecting it to my trike.
Upon checking the wiring diagram with the controller all seemed simple but I ran into several kinks; the connectors were not properly color coded. This was not too hard to get by but a couple of connectors were not labeled, and the diagram made no mention of them. So guess work was the key, and it took a great deal of time to get it all to work.
The cruise control button can not be on the thumb control unit because you will need another thumb to set it. Since it is a momentary setting it is best to use the red button on the horn control unit which will require the other hand. At this point the red button on the thumb control is connected to reverse.
There are two connectors coming out of the throttle cable of which there is no mention. The green connector was connected to the reverse. I assume the yellow may be for the key switch; I connected it to the yellow connector.
The color breakdown is as follows:
COLOR - CONNECTOR   CABLE                COLOR to CONTROLLER
Blue                             Brake                Blue - Brake
Black                           Thumb Throttle   Black - Throttle
Yellow                         Thumb Throttle   Yellow - ?
Green                          Thumb Throttle   Black - Reverse
Blue                            Horn                 Green - Horn
Red                             Horn                 Red - Cruise

A concern is how the small gauge wires from the controller can handle the power required to receive current and disperse it to the wheel.
Is there a way to control the reverse speed?
With this setup no key is used because I connect directly to the battery. I would like to know exactly how to use a key switch.
I would also like to know how to setup the key switch to use the alarm.
My original setup has a key switch that is connected inside the headlight assembly. Obviously I will have to open the assembly to trace the key switch connection.
My current setup works with the trike on its back. Hopefully it will work on its wheels.
The picture attached is very bad but it does show the color conflicts.
Any help will be appreciated.

Offline karen

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
Re: Controller Connections
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2010, 09:24:52 AM »
The yellow one is not in use. Came in handy tho, I got a break in one of the other wires. Used this connection diagram.
Took it from this post: http://goldenmotor.com/SMF/index.php?topic=2202.0