Author Topic: Shipment tracking  (Read 8555 times)

Offline Cornelius

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
  • Grimstad, Norway
Shipment tracking
« on: March 23, 2010, 07:43:45 AM »
I know this has been mentioned several times before, but I can't seem to see a definite answer.

How can one get the necessary information to track ones order?

What I really would appreciate from GM, are a confirmation mail when the order has been shipped, containing the tracking number. :) That way, we know that GM has performed most excellent, and we can follow our shipment. ;)

Last summer, I ordered a wheel-kit, and I received the package 7 days after ordering it. Though, I do not remember in what way it was delivered, by the local post office, dhl or fedex. anyone know the usual local delivery agent?

Now, i'm waiting for my battery which I ordered 2010-03-18. And i'm impatient like a kid before xmas... ;D

tomasz

Re: Shipment tracking
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 11:16:18 PM »
Now, i'm waiting for my battery which I ordered 2010-03-18. And i'm impatient like a kid before xmas... ;D

Don't worry
You have to be more patient ;)
I ordered a battery 23/02/2010 and .....

Offline Cornelius

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
  • Grimstad, Norway
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 06:17:54 AM »
I shall be patient... :P
But I also want to be informed...  ;)

It is my understanding that batteries take longer to ship, due to the 'dangerous' nature of the batteries, so this leads back to my original question: how to get tracking information/number... ???
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 06:33:43 AM by Cornelius »

Offline asker

• Confirmed
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 07:28:23 AM »
How can one get the necessary information to track ones order?

http://goldenmotor.com/SMF/index.php?topic=492.0
I don't know if this way works

Offline Cornelius

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
  • Grimstad, Norway
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2010, 08:03:09 AM »
Hmmm, that one escaped me in my search...  :o

I've given it a try. ;)

Offline Cornelius

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
  • Grimstad, Norway
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2010, 09:15:42 AM »
And I got a promptly reply with the tracking number! :D

Thanks to Tom for promptly reply, and thanks to you guys for getting me on the right track (!)... ;D

It would be nice if it became routine at GM to send customers an e-mail with the tracking number when GM has sent the goods. :)

Offline Cornelius

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
  • Grimstad, Norway
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2010, 08:05:54 AM »
Now it has been over 14 days since my package left Shanghai, and there's no trace of it... :(

Anyone know what happens to the packages (containing a battery) between Shanghai and the destination country? (Do they use model aeroplanes as transportation? That would explain the time it takes...) :D

Anything Goldenmotor can do to check if there's a problem in the delivery route? Could they make inquiries about the whereabouts of the package?

tomasz

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2010, 09:04:46 AM »
Perhaps your package is at the customs office?
You have to check.
I had the same problem.

Offline Cornelius

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
  • Grimstad, Norway
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2010, 10:30:36 AM »
Perhaps...
But all other packages i've ordered from abroad has been registered as 'arrived at customs', 'sendt for processing' and 'sendt from customs', or someting like it...

I'm wondering if there are other customs in other countries where the package passes that keep back the package because of the nature of the chemistry of the battery?

Offline Cornelius

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
  • Grimstad, Norway
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2010, 12:28:23 PM »
I'll be....  :o

My package has reached my country!  ;D

Offline Cornelius

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
  • Grimstad, Norway
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2010, 09:22:09 PM »
And in the afternoon the next day (today) a postman was standing in my door. :D

Mounting the rack and battery was no hazzle, though, the wires from the battery was a bit short.

To celebrate, I took a ride to my brother, living 12km (7.5mile) away, with the battery straight out of the package without even charging it. The low voltage cutout kicked in 200meters from my home on the return trip... ;D The average speed on the trip was 30km/h (18.5mi/h); no pedaling.

My old battery'pack' of 3pc. 12V, 17Ah SLA@21kg (46lb) lasted 10km; 15-20km on a good day with easy pedaling... ;D

Tomorrow i'll open the power-plug end of the battery and connect the battery directly to the power-plug, and add an extra + wire via the key to the red, thinner + wire on the controller. That way, the anti-theft will work as designed.
This will probably void my warranty, but this should have been done by GM from the start!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 09:28:11 PM by Cornelius »

Offline Cornelius

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
  • Grimstad, Norway
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2010, 07:28:54 AM »
Just a note on my battery operation... ;)

I opened the power-plug end of the battery, and saw that it's the negative wire from the battery that goes via the key-switch. I took out the + and - spades from the power plug, so that I didn't damage the plastic plug itself, and desoldered both + and minus in addition to the wires to the key-switch.
Then I re-soldered the negative from the battery directly to the negative spade, and the positive from the battery to the positive spade, together with a thinner wire, about 7cm long, which I soldered to one point on the key-switch. Then I soldered a 40cm long thinner wire on the other point on the key-switch, and threaded it through a small hole i'd drilled close to the power-plug. I also fastened a tie-strap on the wire on the inside...

I attached a connector at the end of the thin wire, which then connects to the thin red + wire on the controller, together with the battery-meter wire from the throttle...

I had to use a blow-torch to de-solder and solder the + and - spades on the power connector, due to its size; my 40W solder-iron wasn't up to the task.

I think GM should have done it this way from the start, except that where I used a thinner wire directly out of the battery-box, they should have a third connection point in the plug itself...
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 07:33:00 AM by Cornelius »