Author Topic: Ordered new Pie for delivery but no sign of life yet!!  (Read 23592 times)

Offline DirtyGinge

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
  • Im just trying to find my niche.3 e-bikes is fine
Re: Ordered new Pie for delivery but no sign of life yet!!
« Reply #60 on: April 05, 2011, 01:02:02 PM »
good stuff :D...good luck
Infineon lyen edition 12 Fet
Goldenmotor Magic pie rear ....2000 Watt peak
oh yea.....Im too fat :)...but cute, oh yea, im cute

Offline Webby

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #61 on: April 07, 2011, 06:53:35 PM »
Sorry for silence for past few days but ... WOW!! 3 commute days and 120 miles later all is very very well. In fact I am more impressed now than I was at the weekend.

Turnigy Watt meter arrived yesterday so pulling some stats off and all looks good. I've not set the volts to 48v yet (will do at weekend) but have set regen at 100% because I found that it better for my braking etc as my V-brakes are taking some punishment.

Some attention needed to loose spokes after runs but wont go into that as covered in previous posts from others - suffice to say that it will be completely sorted at weekend.

Hey Ginge - compliment to you sir, I've only used your batteries thus far. GM one has dust on it, might use it as weekend runaround  :) BTW I've ordered some spare parts - pair of wheel bearings - and have also ordered a set for you. will give them to you when we hook up next.

stats for 20.2 miles + 140KG rider and bike on one battery look like -
14.5 Ap
10.0 Ah
47.35 Vmin

492 Wh
747 Wpeak

all in all the Magic Pie does exactly what it says on the tin!  :) :) :)

Offline DirtyGinge

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #62 on: April 07, 2011, 08:52:48 PM »
yup stats look similar to mine.....if you link both batteries together, your voltage minimum will be about 49-50
I must investigate a good 13 series BMS, does anyone know where I can get hold of one ?...tried BMSbattery.com but problems with online ordering...

kevin, try the gm battery for a 21 mile ride .....good comparison ... ( with spare battery just in case)

turnigy watt meter is an excellent cheap watt meter like cycle analyst without the speed control.....

bearings...where on earth did you dig those up buddy ?...

Hey kev, did you get what I mean about the bike setup ?

I got my first full face MTB helmet this week, temperature went up....WOW what an extremely efficient insect catching bucket ???? lol. not hald as bad as I thought it would be though....very wear and forget, untill you get a bee in....

Offline DirtyGinge

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #63 on: April 07, 2011, 09:04:19 PM »
p.s. cut the regen % before converting to 48V, or you;ll be over the bars lol, difference is .....big......between 24 and 48V regen

p.s. what hours do you do, I mean , its beer weather in our location lol, time for a meet, ....

regards

Offline Webby

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #64 on: April 08, 2011, 06:47:10 PM »
I've ordered some more Anderson connectors  - tiny package and courier leaves a card  >:( so will redeliver Monday (rubbish parcel force). These will build my "parallel connector for dual battery scenario"

Good idea to test GM one - thats my challenge next week me thinks.

Bearings = simply bearings Ltd (UK)  I've got you 4x 63022RS Rubber Sealed Deep Groove Ball Bearing 15x42x13mm  - picked up top tip from BikeMad and I figured that given you have done ~ 2500 miles by now your bearings are due to disintergrate  ;D and this will cover both pies. BTW I have also got some commercial grade white and red super high reflective tape (my better half's mum works for 3M - its the stuff that truckers have to use on their tail to be legal. The adhesion is ultra-ultra-sticky!)

I did get what you meant about the bike setup - here's the deal ... Infinieon controller is for rear (dual) pie project in near future. Actaully I am nervious about load on front forks. using rear brakes mostly but noticed that regen 'pumps' away at front. which is good but keeping a careful eye on it  :-\ :-\

hours wise I am usually trafering between Egham and Finchampstead between 5.30 - 6.30 pm ish kind of timings.

BTW I have to confess the weather was so good today that I took my helmet off and just let the wind run through my locks of hair  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Webby

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #65 on: April 08, 2011, 06:56:15 PM »
forgot to mention some missing stats .... SPEED!!

I'm really impressed on 700c - I get a consistent 27-28 mph on a long straight - thats not bad on 1x pie eh

Also forgot to mention the 'normal' cyclists en-route - especially the tour de France winner wanna bees  ;D

... okay so I admit I overtook him on a hill ... me in jeans (I look like someone on a Phasley bike on the way to Uni) and him in £1000's worth of kit (bless him). It was like a red rag to a bull. The only thing that was red (purple in fact) in the end was the poor chaps face ..lol it was really funny  ;D

I figured I made his day because he had an unexpected fitness session like no other.

.. I'M LOVING IT ...

Offline DirtyGinge

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #66 on: April 08, 2011, 11:29:50 PM »
Yea I got to admit, the lycra crowd love a good pie party lol

i had a group chase me last week....fair play to their fitness it was 25MPH plus for about 5 miles, then a slow hill got em.....i had to stop at the top just to "admire the scenery" as they tried to crown the hill gracefully......not invited to tea there then lol

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #67 on: April 09, 2011, 02:10:49 PM »
forgot to mention some missing stats .... SPEED!!

I'm really impressed on 700c - I get a consistent 27-28 mph on a long straight - thats not bad on 1x pie eh

Also forgot to mention the 'normal' cyclists en-route - especially the tour de France winner wanna bees  ;D

... okay so I admit I overtook him on a hill ... me in jeans (I look like someone on a Phasley bike on the way to Uni) and him in £1000's worth of kit (bless him). It was like a red rag to a bull. The only thing that was red (purple in fact) in the end was the poor chaps face ..lol it was really funny  ;D

I figured I made his day because he had an unexpected fitness session like no other.

.. I'm LOVING IT ...

My favorite thing to do now is when I am cruising long at a regulated 32k with the Cycle Analst "Team Lycra" will pass me about 2 kph faster just to say to themself "look at him and he has a motor". I then flick a switch to overide the CA but don't pass them. I just follow them at whatever speed they are going until they drop off. Mysteriously needing to stop for a drink of water. Its very funny to see them keep looking back and thinking "Why is he still right behind me?"

One Time a guy actually came up to me and said, "ha ha, you have a motor and still cant stay ahead of me!" We then had an all out race, me with my work clothes on and him in Lycra and we were both peddling like mad. This was when I had my 48v1000 motor on the front of my 700c. The path we were on was curvy and many street crossings. I could not get by him untill we came to a long open stretch. Then it was history, I blew right by him no peddling with the bissest smile and sipping my coffee. As I went by him I held up my coffee cup and nodded as if to say " See Ya Later"

Gary