Author Topic: Ordered new Pie for delivery but no sign of life yet!!  (Read 23588 times)

Offline DirtyGinge

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
  • Im just trying to find my niche.3 e-bikes is fine
Re: Ordered new Pie for delivery but no sign of life yet!!
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2011, 05:23:03 PM »
well, Im not sure that I should , with their lack of BMS.....but I suppose if you all want to know, ill post a thread

just beware though, it will have a 3 page safety warning at the beginning ......
Infineon lyen edition 12 Fet
Goldenmotor Magic pie rear ....2000 Watt peak
oh yea.....Im too fat :)...but cute, oh yea, im cute

Offline Webby

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2011, 08:17:59 PM »

oh .... hang on ... but... I've got another China update for everyone... lets see ...

..transmit start ... 30.03.2011 21:06 BST ...
****Day 9 since my cash vanished****
Latitude = 30.7190, Longitude = 104.4580
Lat    = 30 degrees,   43.1 minutes   North
Long = 104 degrees,   27.5 minutes   East
Connection made...
data start ...
TX.....
"Dear China. Please give me my pie, sir."
RX ...
Data end ...
Nothing at all....Dead, silent, dark, nothingness.
 >:(

Ginge - put me out of my misery :'( what have you got?  Anything that has anything to do with my Pie world is goodness mate and will take it off your hands very quickly as this will offset my desperate plight with China.

Offline DirtyGinge

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2011, 09:08:46 PM »
well funny you mention that....as per the other post, tonight ive removed my front pie, as I really no longer feel its needed, and I got a spare throttle......no ebrakes or cruise, just a throttle, and its going to need soldering to install as I cut off the connectors a long time ago..........you wanna borrow it for a while ?, you know, leave me passport, deeds to house, kids ( actually keep kids, mine are enough)...you can use it until yours turns up......to be honest GM china from what I hear in the forum are always ok at shipping stuff you bought, its just afterwards...you got me mobile, bell me at work tomorrow if you want.....can meet up for install sat if you want, bike at my house for isntall ( then your pie turns up monday hehe)
I don't mind helping you to install maybe saturday, but beware we will incur the dreaded "wife tax" hourly rate ( the poor long suffering mrs Ginge really has had enough of ebikes but for wife tax ( and no she isnt a natural redhead, dirty dirty minds you lot ....lol...dont worry though , after 5 cups of tea in the morning, I do a lot of work in the hour....)

on the china front did you pay by paypal per se ?....not much to worry about there then, you can claim non delivery etc before 30 day claim can be launched

Regards
p.s. I ordered my rear pie from Canada in december, hoping customs would be too rushed to charge, and just pass the parcel through with no charges.....turns out that customs don't work that way....30 days later I got my rear pie....Gary though I must say was very patient with my "AAAARRRGH are you sure you shipped it" emails...i mean one is ok, but 37 emails lol you know I jest.....it was only 35, I mean, I wasnt desperate

But washers are cut on the wheel, its tested ( 2000 miles lol), I got wires, solder, grinder, beer, lots and lots and lots of batteries, and kids, dang.....

Offline DirtyGinge

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2011, 09:29:40 PM »
On this note mr Gary salo, what are the chances of getting a rear stator and axle assembly ?, then we could convert my front to a rear for Mr webby ????, payment for parts of course....

Offline Andrew

• AKA The Artful Bodger
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
  • I'm here to learn.
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2011, 09:59:14 PM »
Webby, I bet your parcel turns up in about 5 days from now, once it's in transit no one wants it hanging around at their stop. ;)

Offline DirtyGinge

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2011, 10:04:59 PM »
its the same for all of us.....11 days just doesnt cut it...must be 5 from china and thats it !!

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2011, 12:42:20 AM »
Goldenmotor Magic pie rear
Front pie is fitted, ...not sure yet whether its staying or not
oh yea.....Im too fat

LOL thats funny... Luv the avatar as well.

Offline Webby

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2011, 07:27:48 PM »
Thanks all / Ginge

Well believe it or not my pie turned up today. I've inspected everything except actually power the puppy up.

Now you might think I should be very very excited and I was hoping to give everyone another sarcastic spin on the events so far but unfortunately I have graver things to worry about after the inspection.

(Ginge brace yourself because I might have to take you up on the offer of whatever spares you've got for sale)

Here goes here is what is wrong (please anyone chip in if any of these are expected event as I am a 'freshman' at this stuff)

Firstly and most concerning and urgent of all my wheel is way off center!! and because of this of course the brakes wont work and actually the side of the pie rubs on one side with the fork and on the other there is enough space to bake an apple pie. see below .. any advice from anyone is appreciated because this is a show stopper!!

The other issues are bad but not life threatening ..
1. No anderson connector on cable to connect to battery (luckily Ginge has helped me out there and I've used one from the DIP cable)
2. No pedelec system although ordered
3. No USB cable although ordered
4. No instructions (not a worry becuase I have read them 3 times already  ;D
5. Nut on one brake missing

I'm not going to bother to ask CHina as they don't do comms, although to be fair they did deliver in the end but my snag list is horrendous ... that will teach me for getting the wrong website. :'(

ANYONE OUT THERE JUST ABOUT TO ORDER A MP - DO NOT ORDER FROM CHINA - THAT IS TO SAY DO NOT ORDER VIA WWW.GOLDENMOTOR.COM

INSTEAD ORDER FROM WWW.GOLDENMOTOR.CA

Anyway just about to connect the battery up and check the pie actual works - wish me luck. Will post the results in about 30 minutes ...

Offline Webby

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2011, 07:32:51 PM »
let me explain the pics ..

image one = lots of room
image two = rubbing on fork arm

.. right will now test pie with power ...

Offline Webby

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2011, 07:55:53 PM »
Okay - power test done

The motor works - now a tinge of excitment has returned  :)

Tested brake just momentarily two times, work both times, assume regen etc but on the second attempt to accelerate the motor does not work now work. figured I've got to reset something ???

(BTW - only the front wheel is fitted upside down and cable, battery, and everything else is all unattached at this stage as need to pedal to work tomorrow)

before I post let me check to see if anything has reset (might need th einstrauctions from my workshop :-[  ) ...

...  ok panic over it was the loose brake cable clip keeping the brake lever open that caused it  ;D ;D ;D

So I think my major problem is the wheel is off center. Until I fix that I am going nowhere.

Any advice appreciated .. I will take a closer look and try and figure out if it can be resolved.

Offline Andrew

• AKA The Artful Bodger
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
  • I'm here to learn.
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2011, 08:02:25 PM »
Nightmare! my front wheel is about  5-8mm off centre but yours is very very excessive. As a short term solution you may just get away with adding a couple of washers on the tight side which will maybe pull out the fork a little bit.
Anderson I will happily post to you if you need one, but I'm sure you'll sort that.
Pedelac would be a waste of time anyways(they've done you a favour ;))
I'm sure a USB cable can be borrowed from Ginge  - I have an internal if needed??
Instructions?  that really is asking too much! :D

i think the cover plates on your pie maybe on the wrong sides!!! >:((just as guess, although the disc brke mount is obviously correct side)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 08:08:33 PM by Andrew »

Offline Andrew

• AKA The Artful Bodger
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
  • I'm here to learn.
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2011, 08:17:19 PM »
How wide apart are your forks measured from near the top of the pie, I think you'll need at least 85mm space at the narrowest point

Offline Webby

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2011, 08:28:08 PM »
Thanks Andew

Washer idea sound good, as a quick test I've just thrown both the washers that come with pie on the tight side and that has already made a difference by about 6mm - I think there is more scope. Thank you this might fix it but I've had too many beers (well 4 cans is not that many) and starting to flag.

I've noticed that its a tight call not to have the cable rubbing against the moving part of the wheel (other side now)

as for cover plates  ??? ??? ??? but I do know the wheel is turning the right way  :) :) :)

as for min fork distance, not sure but I know its more than 60mm as that what the spec said was the thinkness of the pie (did not realise 85 mm was min)

at the moment I think I can overcome this off center with washer 'padding' as you suggest.

thanks again for guidance.

Offline Webby

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2011, 08:41:36 PM »
.. sorted .. just added third washer with a bit of brute force  :-X and I think its solved. Its about 1 maybe 2mm of centre but brakes work fine.

Need to wait until Saturday for test spin but I think I can get this puppy on the road  ;D ;D

cheers mate  :-*

Offline DirtyGinge

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2011, 08:45:20 PM »
hi kevin

you can tell when a man's pie is cooked, no forum posts for 24 hours :)

come over saturday if you want, early is fine, we can compare pies, we can anderson, I got internal USB, and pretty much sort any problems you find by then...and I got your batteries ready , not charged yet fully but still

the Spread of the washers is good, but it does alter the geometry of your suspention forks, so you will get wear out of the dust seals initially ....but don't matter as long as pie works :)....

ill email you address :)

regards dude, happy days