Author Topic: Magic Pie Warranty?  (Read 18177 times)

Offline Harvey_Mushman

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
Magic Pie Warranty?
« on: November 06, 2009, 06:47:16 AM »
After a fruitless search for warranty information on the GM site, I discovered one-year warranty girl on the goldenmotor.ca site:
http://www.goldenmotor.ca/Warranty.php

Once she finished speaking, I noticed that she watched where my cursor was moving - creepy -- but kind of cool.

Is a one-year warranty on ALL products the official policy for Golden Motor?

Offline GoldenMotor

• GoldenMotor
  • Emperor
  • PhD. Magic
  • Dark Templar
    • GoldenMotor Youtube
Re: Magic Pie Warranty?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 09:21:26 AM »
Yes. You'll all receive warranty cards soon.

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2009, 01:59:35 PM »
When I first started discussion with Golden Motor about distributing GM products in Canada, the subject of warranty was as you can imagine one of the top issues. I was assured all products would carry a one year warranty. So far due to the excellent quality of the product, we have had only one failure. Once we were able to pin down the problem of the faulty item, it was replaced by a direct EMS shipment from China at no cost to the customer.

One thing I must add here is I have heard of quality issues from the past, but since I have been involved with Golden Motor I have seen nothing but top Quality Product.

I welcome comments from anyone I have had contact with in Canada or World Wide.

Gary Salo

Canada is Going Green at www.GoldenMotor.ca
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 02:21:57 PM by GM Canada »

Offline e-lmer

• Technical Officer
  • Master of Magic
    • My page
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2009, 01:52:29 AM »
Wow, that is creepy.
She can't look up or down tho.

:)

Offline Electrobent

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2009, 02:57:41 PM »
How does one make a warranty claim?

I have a defective 48V front wheel and GM keeps telling me that it is fine.

Its not fine and I am getting angry but little else is happening.

Offline Gapy

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2009, 03:41:54 PM »
electrobent ... I would turn to Gary from GM Canada, even if you did not buy from him! he helped me solved some problems!
Othervise you just have to be persistent... belive me they will help and you will be sattisfied in the end!
« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 04:25:54 PM by gapy »
Rear GoldenMotor Magic Pie
External Infineon 12fet Lyen edition
48V 20Ah LiFePo4
top speed: 48.6km/h
range: 55km at full speed

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2009, 05:41:00 PM »
electrobent ... I would turn to Gary from GM Canada, even if you did not buy from him! he helped me solved some problems!
Othervise you just have to be persistent... belive me they will help and you will be sattisfied in the end!

Hi gapy,
Thank you for the vote of confidence, I enjoyed helping you out and look forward to seeing a picture of your bike in our forums one day :O)

How does one make a warranty claim?
I have a defective 48V front wheel and GM keeps telling me that it is fine.
Its not fine and I am getting angry but little else is happening.

To electrobent

I have looked at this post a few times and checked out your video. I must say the more I look at it, the more confused I am. But is does seem you are expressing a problem that I don’t understand but others here do.  That’s ok with me though, as an old ‘truck driver’ saying goes  “I don’t know what this stuff is man, I just drag it around”. That’s how I feel as a GM distributor sometimes, but it’s a learning curve.

Many contributors to these forums however do stand out here with a knowledge that amazes me. Like BikeMad for example. I feel like whenever I’m making a post it feels like I am walking on eggshells down a corridor and he is 2 steps behind me waiting to pounce. But that’s, ok I appreciate that. I have friends that are the same way.  I can always keep that knowledge in my back pocket and can pull it out anytime I need it. I wouldn’t want to go around spreading nonsense.  It’s better to be steered down the correct path with a cattle prod, then to go wondering into the bush and get lost. That’s how I see it anyway.

If these knowledgeable people ( I don’t mean Bikemad in particular, I was just using him as an example) do think you are having a problem then I believe the correct person is Tom. If he is not responding to you then that is a problem. GM China does make the final call on a warranty issues but you should at least get an explanation.

Just my thoughts, If they don’t make sense please ignore them, I think I’ve had to many coffees this morning.

Gary

« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 06:34:17 PM by GM Canada »

Offline Electrobent

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2009, 07:15:20 AM »
thanks--was there anything in particular that was confusing?

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2009, 08:24:16 AM »
Like BikeMad for example. I feel like whenever I’m making a post it feels like I am walking on eggshells down a corridor and he is 2 steps behind me waiting to pounce.
Gary

Hehehe.

Does he make you fell this way?

I'm not a forum hero here but to some degree the Mod here is new to me.

I for one am glad he's around.  The forums are better off with the moderator and one who is two steps behind.

That GM virtual mouth piece is an interesting piece of technology. If fact your site is rather interesting, it is almost automated.  A lot needs to be developed based on this concept, you got to start some where.  Like first run shes cool but can I click on her mouth to shut her up? :D

JKE.

just the same.

Good work on the site ahh, very modern concept!  
« Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 08:26:21 AM by 317537 »

Bring it on

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2009, 12:26:05 PM »
I feel like whenever I’m making a post it feels like I am walking on eggshells down a corridor and he is 2 steps behind me waiting to pounce.

Gary,

If I was two steps behind you, you can be sure I'm there purely to offer assistance if needed, unless you were a spammer, in which case I'd definitely pounce! ;D

I'll admit to having a twisted sense of humour, but I certainly wouldn't describe myself as scary.   :o

Alan

Offline Electrobent

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2009, 04:20:52 PM »

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2009, 07:18:29 PM »

How about a link back to where your problem began, So we don't start this discussion all over again here.

Gary

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2009, 07:36:26 PM »
Hehehe.
Does he make you fell this way?
I'm not a forum hero here but to some degree the Mod here is new to me.
I for one am glad he's around.  The forums are better off with the moderator and one who is two steps behind.

Nah, I'm just joking around abit. Really the point was that others here definatly have more EBike knowledge then I do. Your another one of these guys as well. I was looking at this post..

http://goldenmotor.com/SMF/index.php?topic=1520.0;topicseen

Man you do enjoy a challenge. Thanks for the comments on the site  :D

Gary

« Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 07:42:19 PM by GM Canada »

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2009, 07:51:19 PM »
If I was two steps behind you, you can be sure I'm there purely to offer assistance if needed, unless you were a spammer, in which case I'd definitely pounce! ;D

I'll admit to having a twisted sense of humour, but I certainly wouldn't describe myself as scary.   :o

Sorry just having some fun. After all you don't just follow me around here, you come to my site and tell me what I'm doing wrong there too! Haha!

Please don't be offended, I do appreciate it. Take Care..

Gary

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2009, 10:10:38 PM »
How about a link back to where your problem began, So we don't start this discussion all over again here.

I think it started somewhere around here.

Alan