Author Topic: increasing speed by switching phases rather than higher voltages ?  (Read 13113 times)

Offline SilverSurfer

Re: increasing speed by switching phases rather than higher voltages ?
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2010, 06:16:25 PM »
Im thinking The Rapture will do good as a two speed!  I was wanting to get inside and rewind her with some fatter high end wire anyway,   try to boost her wattage ability cause I think Im beating her too hard to last very long.  If I increase wire guage, less turns,  In RC Racing this was how to build faster motors that can take higher amps!   If I drill out the other side of the axle I can use heavier guage wires, make it much tougher,  then a bigger controller,  bigger batteries, and high amp relays inside the motor for phase shift!   Ive done some winding in my day,  tedious work,  but the ability to write your own specs!  how about making it a 3,000 watt 72 volt hub motor with phase switching inside the motor!  I was also thinking about using silver phase wires comming out the shaft,  lower resistance,  better flow!  Only need three 6" wires of the best posible material (like GOLD!) and the thinest posible insulation! Wouldnt it be neet to get 12 or 10 guage silver phase wires!  I gotta buy a spare motor for experimenting! 

Offline John-uk

• Confirmed
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2010, 08:10:01 PM »
Love your enthusiasm  ;D go for it. Watch out you don't create a black hole tho. LOL. keep us posted on how your getting on.

Its the Batteries.............the bloody batteries. we need hydrogen cells !!!! .......maybe in a few years.

Offline SilverSurfer

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2010, 08:52:18 PM »
Just bought a new controller on Endless Sphere!    http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=16075     This should help!

Offline John-uk

• Confirmed
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2010, 10:04:37 PM »
Im getting a hard on lol. that is a serious controller. if you strip and rewind a motor any chance of logging/photographing wot your doing. Im not wealthy enough to buy one and bugger it up. Why are these electric bikes so addictive ????

Regards John Poole Dorset UK