Author Topic: MPIII Regen issue  (Read 8745 times)

Offline Avantgarder

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
Re: MPIII Regen issue
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2012, 12:51:20 PM »
When my controller died regen was set at 50%.

Can you post a screen pic on your settings?

What voltage battery are you using?
Too late. I have the ecrazyman external controller now. All I remember is that when using the stock internal MP controller my current was set to 20A and regen to 50%.

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2012, 01:51:26 PM »
The picture shows massive hydraulic hoses coming into the flywheel assembly :

An electric accumulator sits in the cockpit beside the driver and can send up to 150 kW to the electrically-powered front wheels.
Power generated during braking is stored in an optimized flywheel accumulator, an electric motor whose rotor rotates at up to 36,000 rpm to store energy.

So it's basically a big three phase motor with a very heavy armature whose axle is mounted in a vertical position so the gyroscopic effect will not adversely affect the steering, if anything, this would help to keep the vehicle more level while cornering, because the gyroscopic forces would try to prevent the car from rolling.
The two smaller hoses in the picture are presumably the oil pressure supply (flow and return) to lubricate the armature bearings running at up to 36,000 rpm.
I'm guessing the two larger hoses either side of those chunky phase wires are the flow and return pies for the liquid cooling.

Alan

Offline csm

• Confirmed
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2012, 03:16:38 PM »
When my controller died regen was set at 50%.
Can you post a screen pic on your settings?
What voltage battery are you using?
Too late. I have the ecrazyman external controller now. All I remember is that when using the stock internal MP controller my current was set to 20A and regen to 50%.

What controller (brand/model?) are you using? What voltage battery you are you using?

Offline Avantgarder

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2012, 11:52:36 PM »
Alan,

The question is how the brakes rotate the gyro...
1. Front axial motors produce current which in turn rotates a motor on the axial of the gyro ?
2. Braking power is somehow transformed into hydraulic pressure that rotates the gyro ?