Author Topic: Thinking to buy MP for using in Israel  (Read 4279 times)

Offline Gri27

Thinking to buy MP for using in Israel
« on: February 14, 2011, 06:08:05 PM »
I need to know if the internal controller will withstand the hot weather in Israel,it can get to 40 digress Celsius  ;D and how fast can I get on 20 inch weals my hight is 191 cm and I wight 90 kg  ::)

Thanks in advance Gregory  

I think at some point you would have to say it might be wiser to get a kit with an external controller for such an extreme climate. I can just picture your bike sitting in the sun at 40c and then you go for a ride...

Sounds a little more extreme then my ride dodging the snow banks testerday.

Gary
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 04:07:59 AM by GM Canada »

Offline Gri27

Re: Thinking to buy MP for using in Israel
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 06:52:09 AM »
I hoped it would be OK becouse I like the look of the kit that it is more clean  :-[ of cores I will never live it on the sun I want folding bike so it stays at home  ;)

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 12:08:27 AM »
I need to know if the internal controller will withstand the hot weather in Israel,it can get to 40 digress Celsius  ;D and how fast can I get on 20 inch weals my hight is 191 cm and I wight 90 kg  ::)

Thanks in advance Gregory  

I think at some point you would have to say it might be wiser to get a kit with an external controller for such an extreme climate. I can just picture your bike sitting in the sun at 40c and then you go for a ride...

Sounds a little more extreme then my ride dodging the snow banks testerday.

Gary

What happened here? Did I edit your msg instead of replying with my own? That must be it. Thats it! Im not drinking any more beer in front of the computer. (any less either) ;)

Offline Gri27

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 07:31:57 AM »
In summer it is not hot in Canada ? maybe you cheeked it in hot conditions ? :D I will not drive more when 30 -40 minutes at ones

Offline Gri27

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2011, 02:28:01 PM »
So you suggest me not to buy the Magic Pie for this conditions????  :-\ 

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2011, 02:50:08 PM »
Gregory,

The Magic Pie should be fine, but I would suggest you purchase the external controller version, as it would be more suitable for use in your extreme temperatures.

The motor and controller both generate their own heat, so the internal controller version is much more likely to overheat and cut out when it gets too warm. This is due to the additional heat that will build up within the sealed hub assembly, because there are no vents to allow a flow of air to help keep it cool.

Alan

« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 02:52:29 PM by Bikemad »

Offline Gri27

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2011, 03:39:30 PM »
Thank you Alan I didn't notice the option of Magic Pie with external controller  :) this will be the answer for all my heat problem maximum if it die I always can order new controller and  it easier to change 
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 06:34:56 PM by Gri27 »

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2011, 12:06:01 AM »
In summer it is not hot in Canada ? maybe you cheeked it in hot conditions ? :D I will not drive more when 30 -40 minutes at ones

We have reasonably hot summers in Canada, maybe 30c at its hottest. but we do not have a dry arid climate like you do in isreal. There are no palm trees or deserts in Canada, just grass, trees, lakes and streams. I think it is quite different here then Isreal.

Gary

Offline MonkeyMagic

• Cheeky Chimp
  • Technical Officer
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2011, 04:55:12 AM »
I rode around in the once in a blue moon hot days in Melbourne last year no issues. Actually I was glad I wasn't pedalling up a bigger sweat !!

Temp was around 42deg cel. the sun was HOTTTTTTTTT