Author Topic: Error 9 - Communication Failure  (Read 2947 times)

Offline Phelix

• Confirmed
Error 9 - Communication Failure
« on: July 26, 2015, 06:44:18 AM »
I have had my motor and everything working perfectly fine for the last couple months since I have had it installed. I was riding down the road and it was working just fine then all the sudden it made a click noise and all I get on my display is ERROR 9. The throttle doesn't do anything at all. I used to get a big spark when I would plug it into the battery. Now it gives no spark what so ever. I am not even able to get the USB software to connect to the controller. Something has really gone wrong as it has been working perfectly every since I installed it and just randomly started happening to me while I was riding down the road. Does anyone have any suggestions on what could have happened or how I can fix this? Did the controller die or something?

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Error 9 - Communication Failure
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2015, 03:22:46 PM »
Is this still the original controller to which you connected the battery in reverse or did that controller have to be replaced?

As there is now no spark whatsoever when you connect the battery (and the BAC-601 Display is still powered up and working) I would say that the controller and its wiring harness may need to be replaced.

It might be worth removing the controller and checking the continuity between the battery connections and the soldered joints on the controller's circuit board, and also looking for obvious signs of burning or physical damage on the controller and its wiring harness.

Unless you can find something obvious that can be repaired or re-soldered etc., I think a new controller is likely to be the next move.

Alan

Offline Phelix

• Confirmed
Re: Error 9 - Communication Failure
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2015, 05:11:32 PM »
no, I sent that one back. this is a different one. its been working perfect for months, and this happened as I was riding down the road..