Author Topic: Golden Motor is really starting to piss me off--Caveat Emptor  (Read 8257 times)

Offline Electrobent

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
Golden Motor is really starting to piss me off--Caveat Emptor
« on: November 27, 2009, 08:53:48 PM »
They say that they have a one year warranty.

I bought a wheel from them and have not been able to make it work.

I have done lots of tests and have confirmed that the motor is defective.
I made videos of these tests and emailed them to them.

They just ignore me.

Paypal has a 45 day period within which one must complain.

I am passed that but within the year.

I am screwed and pissed off and committed to making them wish they had honored my warranty.

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Golden Motor is really starting to piss me off--Caveat Emptor
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2009, 03:28:22 AM »
I felt your pain when I saw that video and you said "The drop out just dropped out".

Man chill out just a bit.  Even if you are screwed letting it screw you isnt good for you.

I am guessing its the holidays and that dang flu is on the war path.

I wont contest for you or GM here but this type of thing disturbs me regardless of who is right or wrong.

I cant even get through to the Admin or TOM ATM.

As to your solution, I have none, and I could be wrong for asking you to chill out too.

I wish there was a magic wand I could wave to solve all your problems and pain, but I don't hold it, and know you don't expect this from me.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 03:30:45 AM by 317537 »

Bring it on

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2009, 03:54:19 AM »
You feel youre getting the indian silence treatment.  The who site here seems to be in limbo.

Are you a resident of USA?

Maybe contact the dealer there and he may pick up the pieces.

It might be more cost effective and you may get a timely response and from experience here GM prefers you to use your local dealers as its cheaper for all if we use the correct channels.

Bring it on

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2009, 03:56:26 AM »
Here try this.

USA Office:

Golden Motor USA Inc.
8261 E Evans Road
Suite 103
Scottsdale, AZ 85260
USA
Fax: (480) 948-3163
Tel: 480-234-8456
Sales: usasales@goldenmotor.com

Or maybe these.

North America

West Edge eBikes
PO Box 149
Orcas, WA 98280
USA
Tel: +1425-296-6127
Email: info@westedgeebikes.com

Golden Motor Canada
1242 Alexandra Ave.
Mississauga ON
CANADA, L5E 2A5
Tel: +1-647-982-1344
Email: garysalo@goldenmotor.ca

Arizona eBikes 7755 East Gelding Drive
Suite C-106
Scottsdale, AZ 85260
USA
Sales: fun@azebikes.com

« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 01:40:44 PM by GM Canada »

Bring it on

Offline Electrobent

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
Vice Minister in Charge of Discipline Inspection
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2009, 06:11:27 AM »
Thanks--I'll call the Phoenix and Seattle numbers on Monday.

I expect that they will tell me that they can't help me because I did not buy from them, but they may some ideas and it will probably work better than what I just spent the last hour digging up:

Xu Jingye
Vice Minister in Charge of Discipline Inspection
MOFCOM (Ministry of Commerce)
flystar@163.com

A scary sounding title in any case!

I may just do what you are doing--especially if you figure out how to improve upon the original.

The drop out incident had me thinking I should just pack it in but someone on endless sphere did a study and determined that drop out failure was from vibration and/or poor installation.  I had plenty of vibration with all the times I ran it through the phase check routine.

I think they are in over their heads with Magic Pie orders and are focusing their efforts there. But, heck, I'd be happy if they just said that and told me they would get back to me in a month.  They do find time to zap some of my rants but not all of them or me which leads me to believe they are dealing with trees and not forests.

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Vice Minister in Charge of Discipline Inspection
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2009, 07:47:23 AM »
Thanks--I'll call the Phoenix and Seattle numbers on Monday.

I expect that they will tell me that they can't help me because I did not buy from them, but they may some ideas and it will probably work better than what I just spent the last hour digging up:

I may just do what you are doing--especially if you figure out how to improve upon the original.

The drop out incident had me thinking I should just pack it in but someone on endless sphere did a study and determined that drop out failure was from vibration and/or poor installation.  I had plenty of vibration with all the times I ran it through the phase check routine.

I think they are in over their heads with Magic Pie orders and are focusing their efforts there. But, heck, I'd be happy if they just said that and told me they would get back to me in a month.  They do find time to zap some of my rants but not all of them or me which leads me to believe they are dealing with trees and not forests.

Try be a little more optimistic.

It might be better to call the GM USA head office first as they have more adminstrative power with the dealers.  Explain your situation in kind and be patient please. 

I want to help you through this as best as I can, and because I am somewhat a third party you may take some friendly suggestions from me.

Chances are they will get the closest dealer with enough stock to forward a replacment hub and send a refund to the dealer or another hub in the next order.  Their banking details are common between each other and dealings are common place.

It would save both GM and yourself so much money and grief to do it this way.

If you read this web site you can get a feel of the way GM works.

http://www.goldenmotor.ca/Warranty.php
All Golden Motor products feature a full one year warranty! We believe in and stand by our products!. Beware of other dealers that charge a Pre-Delivery Inspection  which means if you buy a 900 dollar conversion kit and want a warranty they will charge you an additional 150 dollars or so to inspect their own product before they sell it to you and then provide a warranty. We have NO Pre-Delivery Inspection  charge for a warranty. Our warranty is included in the price of all our products and is good for one full year.

From how I understand it dealers buy from GM and have containers shipped with GM products to cut shipping costs down, the dealer works as a QC in between the factory and the buyer short circuiting most problems.

GM works from china to places that don't have a authorized dealer and to their own country so they need a web site too.

Many people desire to buy from the factory to save a few dollars and GM offer factory prices and factory grade products IMHO.  It is not practical for them to retail from China to the world and this is why they sort dealerships.

GM does try to encourage to use your closets GM dealer and I have seen them protest this time and time again.

Even if I was to buy a Hub from GM and there was no dealer in my country I would still be better off having the hub sent from an Authourised dealer from another country because I would have it tested before it was sent.

Please call the USA head office first as an authorized dealer just may not know what to do with your case and turn you down.

USA Office:

Golden Motor USA Inc.
8261 E Evans Road
Suite 103
Scottsdale, AZ 85260
USA
Fax: (480) 948-3163
Tel: 480-234-8456
Sales: usasales@goldenmotor.com

Bring it on

Offline GoldenMotor

• GoldenMotor
  • Emperor
  • PhD. Magic
  • Dark Templar
    • GoldenMotor Youtube
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2009, 01:31:46 AM »
Many negative posts. :)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 03:07:18 PM by GM Moderator »

Offline Electrobent

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2009, 08:48:35 PM »
Please give me something positive to post about!

Offline GoldenMotor

• GoldenMotor
  • Emperor
  • PhD. Magic
  • Dark Templar
    • GoldenMotor Youtube
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2009, 01:16:02 AM »
Have Bikemad told you about the good news?

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2009, 01:39:13 AM »
Have Bikemad told you about the good news?

Yao,
I have already informed him.

they will be sending you a replacement wheel, so let's hope it arrives safely and allows you to get your bike back on the road again where it belongs.

But he may be more convinced that I'm not pulling his leg if you could confirm it!

Alan

Offline GoldenMotor

• GoldenMotor
  • Emperor
  • PhD. Magic
  • Dark Templar
    • GoldenMotor Youtube
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2009, 01:41:43 AM »
Electrobent, we will ship you a replacement motor. I'll ask Alan to tell you the shipping details soon. 0.0

Offline Electrobent

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2009, 02:48:01 AM »
very cool thank you!