Author Topic: MP2 motor regen. Anyone using it and how long for?  (Read 1921 times)

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
MP2 motor regen. Anyone using it and how long for?
« on: March 31, 2012, 02:45:40 PM »
I had an issue with my old Infineon, so I switched to my spare MP2 with internal controller.  Its been an awesome motor  and have used it quite a bit a year ago, but I have not enabled regen yet.  I was just wondering if any users here are using regen and how reliable is it with the MP2 wheels.

Just interested in sucess to confirm it is doable. 

I feel my MP internal shunt mod may improve the situation lowering the resistance between battery and motor allowing the pack to hammer down any rouge voltage spikes..

Bring it on

Offline DirtyGinge

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
  • Im just trying to find my niche.3 e-bikes is fine
Re: MP2 motor regen. Anyone using it and how long for?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 08:12:53 PM »
Hi Les

I used regen with the infineons for about 4000 miles with no issue.....but always had it set at about 30% with the goldenmotor controllers...

No issues apart from melted connectors if they werent amp rated ( bullet type)

regards
Infineon lyen edition 12 Fet
Goldenmotor Magic pie rear ....2000 Watt peak
oh yea.....Im too fat :)...but cute, oh yea, im cute

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
Re: MP2 motor regen. Anyone using it and how long for?
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2012, 09:45:33 AM »
Yes the regen on the infineon was good and there was nothing wrong with the contoller until I touched it.  It could be still fine and something maybe a miss with the hall sensor conductors.

If hard wired most of my MP wires with a good solid twist, lots of solder and soldered it with a 60 watt iron, the only connector now is a 50A anderson.  I also added two 10 amp shunts I pulled out of an old GM controller into my MP.  I went for a 20km ride today on my rebuild and it was sweet as.

Thanks for the reply, I got to find my old program cable and try out regen..

Bring it on