Author Topic: Forum problem  (Read 5597 times)

Offline Svendus

• Confirmed
  • to live means to learn
    • Svendus Data
Forum problem
« on: November 28, 2012, 05:23:26 AM »
I think you should export the Forum database to another forum software
vBulletin® Version 4.1.12
Copyright © 2012 vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

I lost my login and had to register my own user name again
read this post About Spam-O-Matic 2.0:
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=248042
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 04:34:34 PM by spellchecker »

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Forum problem
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 04:00:21 PM »
Hi Svendus and welcome back.

I haven't had chance to look into why your account has been lost, but we had a similar problem back in January where several members lost their accounts for no apparent reason.

If you can give me a rough idea of when you last accessed the forum with your original account, I will try and see if I can find out how your account has disappeared, but I expect I will be just be wasting my time without Admin access to the database.

I know I have banned a lot of spammer IP addresses recently, but this should not have caused any member accounts to be removed, as it simply prevents anyone from registering and logging in while they are accessing the forum from a banned IP addresses.

Alan

Offline Svendus

• Confirmed
  • to live means to learn
    • Svendus Data
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2012, 07:37:59 PM »
all right Allan the old account I am a Guest ?

searching on svendus http://goldenmotor.com/SMF/index.php?action=search2

you get an idea of when I last accessed the forum with my original account 

« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 07:48:56 PM by Svendus »

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2012, 03:24:28 AM »

Once a username has been removed or lost from the database, the existing posts that were associated with it have nothing in common that I can access, apart from the IP address used when the post was originally submitted.
I found 33 posts linked to your previous IP address and the most recent post from that IP address was on April 02, 2010.

If the problem had occurred within the last week or so, I might be able to manually trace back through error messages and login details etc. to see if anything obvious could be found, but I don't think I would be able to easily locate a problem that occurred sometime within the last 32 months, so I won't even waste any more time looking.

I can only assume that it may have resulted from either data corruption on the server during a software update, or possibly a glitch in the most recent forum software.

Alan