Author Topic: Magic Pie II cuts out  (Read 9068 times)

Offline Sean

• Confirmed
Re: Magic Pie II cuts out
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2012, 10:00:00 PM »
My problems are solved.

My dealer, who just proved again to me how top-notch he is, is exchanging my GM system for a RideKick. Apparently I'm not the only one who has had issues since he told me he has stopped selling GM hub motors all together. I'm sure the ridekick wont have the power of the GM system, but I just don't want to to take the risk of  dealing with GM again.

I see that the improvements of the MP3 address overheating of the MP2 and the ease of controller replacement, so it is hard to invest in an expensive battery when this says to me that my MP2 electronics may not last long from high temperature conditions and if they do fail it means they won't be easy to repair.

Sad that GM China seems to have decided to abandon its US customers and dealers that bought from GM USA instead of making things right. I was *really* impressed by the Magic Pie system when it was working, loved how clean the install is,  and would certainly have purchased again when the motor and batteries died after a reasonable life. The product I bought was misrepresented in multiple ways by GM USA (LiPo based battery & 5 year warranty (both documented in writing - what I got was LiMn and a warranty that is disowned by GM China ). Had GM China offered a replacement at their cost for the battery and offered the same for any components that might have failed within the 5 year period they would have been out no money and made good on their distributors promises making one very happy customer and maybe kept a high profile dealer.

Any company doing global business has to understand the culture and expectations of their customers to succeed. Hopefully someday GM management will get a clue that to succeed in the US they need to provide good customer service even if it means that they don't make a profit on every piece that goes out the door.

Thank you again Alan and others who have been so helpful in this forum. This is a great resource for GM owners and actually anyone interested in e-biking. Hope GM management sees the light soon.