Author Topic: Magic Pie wobble  (Read 8470 times)

Offline ffranck

Re: Magic Pie wobble
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2011, 05:57:57 PM »
OK, I checked my wheel and actually the strange riding experience were related to some lose spokes!
I tightened them but they keep coming lose after a few km. Probably I should tighten them more, maybe use thread lock?
Have any of you experienced that?

For the wobble, it is still there, here is a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nZ5jnkY8YQ
It is very similar to what has been reported in this topic.
It does not really affect the ride (when spokes are tight:-) but it keeps making a "wobbling noise" and is probably not to good for the gears.
I did not send any complaints to GM because I do not really see what they could do but any solutions are welcome!

Offline Webby

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
Re: Magic Pie wobble
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2011, 08:16:58 PM »
Hey ffranck - Loose spokes is fairly common and if your not careful enough then they could lead to snapped spokes as happened to me.

I will be candid .. the GM motor itself is actually very robust and a very good and strong build however the spokes and perhaps the rim are .. well .. cheap!

In the end I (and some others) have had spokes made to replace the set. I had a set of DT swiss champions custom made and the quality and ride are perfect and no more loose spokes is noticable. (I've done more than 1250 miles on my pie now)

To be fair not everyone has had problem with spokes but it can be a problem like I had. BTW I can tell you that using loctite meduim strength thread lock paste does work very well contaray to most other forums its works very well and can help in this situation.

Webby