Author Topic: Any good advice GM Stator shaft seals and where can you easily buy them local  (Read 4989 times)

Offline Thaialien

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
Hi all
GM Stator shaft seals they help keep out water and moisture ! (automotive parts or motorcycle seals Toyota cars and Honda motorbikes seem to be in every major town  What parts (seals )  any of these have a part to replace them Part No.s welcome .
Some silicone sealant / or high temp grease / or Vaseline between covers and body or silicone Grease / thick silicone oil part No. 08817-10003 (toyota) very sticky oil.
Silicone grease you get from good plumbers merchant (pot too big unless your in business. (tube small ?   any good ideas)
Is it worth recycling those small little bags of silica gel inside a motor cable tie it inside nylon cloth to stator support ?
None of use like rust and we may have seen moisture get into motor and how to prevent it .
John L
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 03:45:29 PM by spellchecker »
Try to put a smile on the face of others it cost nothing ...by what you say !

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
Hi thaialian,

Really a picture of the different wire lengths would be interesting to see just how short one wire was. I have had 100's of 901, 902 and external Magic Pie motors go through my hands now and have never seen any wires shorter than  the standard length that is long enough to go from the front wheel to the rear rack or from the back wheel to the front handle bars of any standard bike. I have also seen longer wires for a recumbent but these are made by request. A picture of 2 foot wire doesn’t really show that is the way it is from the factory. One of my bikes has 1 foot wires where I clipped them and installed plugs so it would be easy to change flats on the road. It looks like that’s the way it came from the factory as I used the same plugs.

if you are going to upload any pictures, It would be interesting to see pictures of your trike built with two MW12b's. I don’t recall hearing of anyone that did that before and it would be something everyone would enjoy looking at.

BTW why would you need stator shaft seals? Does any motor have such a thing? The motor does need to breath somewhat to be able to expel any humidity created inside from going hot and cold especially around the freezing mark.

Gary