Author Topic: Using BLDC 90 series 48 v 2000 tr/min for transport  (Read 6510 times)

Offline Velocyraptor

• Confirmed
Using BLDC 90 series 48 v 2000 tr/min for transport
« on: August 16, 2009, 01:14:36 PM »
Hi everybody and sir Yao

I am on a proposed electric tricycle for my girlfriend with a disability to the legs only and the products manufactured by GM seem to be suitable for the traction system of the machine that I will make it.
Unfortunately, there are always non-compatibility of equipment, but before asking my questions, I will describe my project:

I would like the tricycle can move at speeds of 14 km / h minimum (more if possible; D) so that it can follow me on bike)
It is an acceleration of 0.4 m / s ² to reach the 5km / h (walking speed of a pedestrian) flat.
And that the machine can climb a slope of 10 ° with the momentum (acceleration zero or very low) at a speed of 4 km / h

The transmission system through a reduction pulley / chain wheel motor

The pulley wheel 185 mm in diameter and the engine is 25 mm in diameter
The wheel diameter is 260 mm.
The driver + machine weighs 90 kg

The engine chosen is the 90 v 48 series 4nm 2000 rpm
The controller is chosen Magic 48V with regenerative braking when pressing the brake lever and reversible mode
+ Handles acceleration and braking.

assembly of the battery will be commissioned locally to avoid transport costs (1001 piles.com)

Doubts remain, however:

The 90 series BLDC you seem (seem) powerful enough? (me I would be wrong in my calculations?)

Is it possible to control the motor with an axis of 8 mm rather than 14 mm?
Is it possible to get an engine that will have 5 Nm of torque (still 2000tr/min and 48V) just for me  ;D :o

Thanks

Bonjour tout le monde !
Je suis sur le projet d'un tricycle éléctrique pour ma copine handicapée aux jambes uniquement et les produits fabriqués par GM semblent être convenables pour le système de traction de la machine que je vais lui confectionner.
Malheureusement, il y a toujours des non compatibilités de matériel mais avant de poser mes questions, je vais vous décrire mon projet :

Je voudrais que le tricycle puisse aller à une vitesse de 14 km/h minimum (et plus si possible  ;D) pour qu'elle puisse me suivre en vélo)
Qu'il est une accélération de 0,4 m/s² pour atteindre les 5km/h (vitesse de marche d'un piéton) sur plat.
Et que la machine puisse monter une pente de 10° avec de l'élan (accélération nulle ou trés faible) à une vitesse de 4 km/h

Le système de transmission passe par une réduction poulie/chaîne du moteur à la roue

La poulie de roue fait 185 mm de diamètre et celle du moteur fait 25 mm de diamètre
Le diamètre de roue est de 260 mm.
L'ensemble conducteur + machine pèse 90 kg

Le moteur choisi est le 90 series 48 v 4Nm 2000 tr/min
Le controlleur choisi est Magic 48V avec freinage regénératif quand on appui sur le levier de frein et mode reversible
+ les poignées d'accélération et de frein.

l'assemblage de la batterie sera commandée en locale pour éviter les frais de transport (1001 piles.com)

Des doutes subsistent cependant :

Le BLDC 90 series vous sembles-t-il (seem) assez puissant ? (me serais-je trompé dans mes calculs ?)

Est-il possible de commander le moteur avec un axe de 8 mm plutôt que 14 mm ?
Est-il possible de me faire un moteur qui aurait 5 Nm de couple (toujours en 2000tr/min et 48V) rien que pour moi  ;D ::) :-*

Merci

These are my operations:

A) Caractéristiques du moteur :               

Couple :   4   N.m         
Puissance :   400   W         
Vitesse de rotation :   2000   tr/min   209,44   rad/s   

B) Spécifications des engrenages               

Diamètre pignon moteur :   25   mm         
Diamètre plateau roue :   185,08   mm         
Diamètre de la roue :   260   mm         

C) Données supplémentaires               

Masse du conducteur :   90   Kg         
Attraction gravitationnelle :   9,81            
Poids du conducteur :   882,9   N         

A) PENTE A    0   °         

Calcul de la vitesse maxi de la machine               
Vitesse linéaire du pignon :   v1=r1.w1            
v1=   2617,99   mm.s         

Rotation de la poulie :   w2=v1/r2            
w2=   28,29   rad.s         
w2=   270,16   tr.min         

Rotation de la roue :   v3=r3.w2            
v3=   13,2401   km/h         

Calcul de l'accélération :               
Accélération :   0,26   m/s²   Soit   0,93   Km/h
Angle de pente :   0   °         
a=   90   °         

Force sur l'axe X :   0   N         
Force sur l'axeY:   882,9   N         

Force d'entrainement :   23,22   Kg         
   227,79   N         

Calcul du couple de la roue :               

C3=r3*Fe       C3=   29,61   N         

Calcul de la force du pignon :               

F1=   320   N         

Calcul du diamètre du plateau :               

r2= C3/F2      r2=   185,08   mm         

It seem to be too little power motor for that.

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Using BLDC 90 series 48 v 2000 tr/min for transport
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2009, 03:08:42 PM »
I would like the tricycle can move at speeds of 14 km / h minimum (more if possible; D) so that it can follow me on bike)
It is an acceleration of 0.4 m / s ² to reach the 5km / h (walking speed of a pedestrian) flat.
And that the machine can climb a slope of 10 ° with the momentum (acceleration zero or very low) at a speed of 4 km / h

The transmission system through a reduction pulley / chain wheel motor

The pulley wheel 185 mm in diameter and the engine is 25 mm in diameter
The wheel diameter is 260 mm.
The driver + machine weighs 90 kg

The engine chosen is the 90 v 48 series 4nm 2000 rpm

Doubts remain, however:

The 90 series BLDC you seem (seem) powerful enough? (me I would be wrong in my calculations?)

Hi and welcome Velocyraptor,

I'll try and give some answers to your questions.

The motor may work with an  8mm shaft diameter rather than 14mm, but the shaft will be more likely to fail.
It would be better to enlarge the hole in the pulley rather than reduce and weaken the motor shaft.

You will need to contact sales@goldenmotor.com and ask if it is possible to get a motor specially wound to give 2000 rpm with 5 Nm of torque @48V.
(Try to keep your email brief and clear, as their English may not be as good as yours!)

According to my rough calculations, with your 7.4:1 gear ratio (and no frictional losses):

• You would have a maximum wheel speed of 270rpm giving a max road speed of 19.77Km/h (7.9mph).
  • 4Nm of torque would be converted to 29.6Nm at the wheel.
  • With 260mm diameter wheels it would give approx 227N of forward force (23Kg) which should be enough pull it up a 10° slope.

If you are planning on driving both rear wheels from a single pulley located centrally on the rear axle, please be aware that you will only have 37.5mm clearance between the pully and the road!

Alan

Offline Velocyraptor

• Confirmed
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2009, 09:08:04 PM »
Hello Bikemad
So we find almost the same results of calculations which is good:)
As against it, but previous calculations are based on a slope at 0 degrees for a 10 ° slope to the driving force would be 24.5 kg (240.3
N)
You say that the distance between the pulley and the road is 37 mm but I would say 260 - 185 = 75 mm::)

Thank you for your reply, I will contact Gm but they almost never do to my mails: (

Bye

Bonjour Bikemad
Donc nous trouvons presque les même résultats de calculs ce qui est positif :)
Par contre mais calculs précédents sont basés sur une pente à 0° donc pour une pente à 10° la force d'entrainement serait de 24,5 kg (240,3
N)
Tu dis que la distance entre la poulie et la route est de 37 mm mais je dirais plutôt 260 - 185 = 75 mm  ::)

Merci pour tes reponses, je vais contacter Gm mais ils ne répondent pratiquement jamais à mes mails :(

Au revoir

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2009, 10:55:58 PM »
You say that the distance between the pulley and the road is 37 mm but I would say 260 - 185 = 75 mm::)
Tu dis que la distance entre la poulie et la route est de 37 mm mais je dirais plutôt 260 - 185 = 75 mm  ::)

I said:

Quote from: Bikemad
"If you are planning on driving both rear wheels from a single pulley located centrally on the rear axle, please be aware that you will only have 37.5mm clearance between the pully and the road!"

And this is why:

Hopefully we both agree on the correct clearance now. ;)

Alan

« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 05:05:58 PM by Bikemad »

Offline Velocyraptor

• Confirmed
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2009, 11:05:17 AM »
Hi
Yes sorry :-\  :D